19.) Frustration

“I think I got burnt.” Andy whined as we all traveled back into the house with our towels and clothes in hand. It was pretty late at night because we stayed outside to watch the sunset. And even though I was pretty tired since we had a huge day, I was determined to talk to Holly tonight and explain to her what happened. She may be mad, but she’ll get over it, I’m sure.

Once everybody walked in, they all made quick bee-lines for either a restroom to take a shower or their rooms to sleep, considering everyone was exhausted from our day at the beach, but it was really fun to be with everyone at once.

I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water before I planned on talking to Holly because I was still admittedly a little nervous about telling her. Even though most of me was telling me that she wouldn’t be mad, and if anything, she’d be excited or happy for me. But that nagging part of me that told me she’d be revolted and angry was worrying me to bits.

“Are you still going to talk to Holly?” Jackson asked, walking into the kitchen and moving to the fridge.

“Yes.” I replied, looking around the kitchen to make sure that we were completely alone. “Tonight, before I wimp out.”

“I wouldn’t do it tonight if I was you.” Jackson mumbled, pulling a beer out of the fridge and popping the tab open. Ew, beer is so nasty. It tastes like pee, in my opinion.

“Why not?” I asked with raised eyebrows. “And should you even be drinking? It’s late.”

“Holly and Kale just went into their room.” He told me.

“Okay, so?” I said slowly.

“And I’m pretty sure they’re not just going to go to sleep.” Jackson chuckled at my innocence. “And I can drink if I want, I’m not going to bed for a while anyway.”

I frowned at that and panic started flaming inside of me. Was he hinting at something, or like, hitting on me? Why am I so oblivious? “Okay, I’m going to bed now.” I mumbled quickly, sitting my now-empty glass in the sink before hurrying out of the kitchen before he could pull me into his trap yet again.

“I wasn’t insinuating anything!” He called after me in a small fit of laughter.

“Goodnight.” I called back, hurrying down the hallway and then up the stairs into my room, away from Jackson and his abs and his soft lips and his… everything.

I quickly got changed into pajamas and then fell into bed, easily falling into sleep.

In the morning, I woke up at around eleven and was still determined to talk to Holly. Because I’m a good person and good people tell their best friends when they’ve slept with said best friend’s brother. Twice. Okay, well technically, I didn’t sleep with him yesterday. We didn’t sleep, because it was in the middle of the day so sleeping would have been stupid because people could have walked in on us sleeping. And now I’m mumbling. In my head.

Rolling my eyes, I got out of bed before grabbing an outfit for the day and a towel so that I could take a shower before I went to talk to Holly. 

My shower was a little long because I was admittedly procrastinating getting out of the shower, knowing that when I did, I’d have to go find Holly and break the news to her. Man, that’s going to be so awkward, I just know it.

I was dressed in hot pink denim shorts, a black and white striped shirt that tied at my belly button and exposed about three inches of my tummy, along with black flip flops and hot pink sunglasses to match my shorts. When I finished braiding my hair in the bathroom mirror, I decided that I’d procrastinated long enough and I really needed to go talk to Holly and get it over with.