11.) Luxurious Pools

“It’s not a date?”

“No. It’s definitely not a date.” I confirmed as Holly asked yet again as she was brushing her hair before she was bound to leave with Kale to go to a late lunch together. “In fact, Taylor’s coming too.” And that part was true. Last night, Taylor had stopped by- I don’t remember why, I think she just wanted to see Jackson again- and I invited her so that this couldn’t even be classified as a date.

“Okay, whatever you say.” Holly sang teasingly. “But if it was a date, that’d be cool too, because that Damon guy is hot.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “I need something to do while you guys are all occupied with your boyfriends.”

“Yes.” She grinned. “You do need something to do.”

“Get your mind out of the gutter.” I chuckled at her, causing Holly to giggle.

“Yeah, yeah. Anywho, I’m off. I’m already fifteen minutes late.” Holly mumbled, slipping on a pair of flip flops and hurrying out of my room with a last goodbye.

I was wearing a bikini with a black cover up tunic top and black flip flops with my hair in a high pony tail and a pair of sunglasses on my head as two o’clock rolled around and Damon and Taylor should be here soon. I told them I’d meet them on the beach and then we’d walk around the mansion-castle to get to the pool.

“Have fun on your date.” Jackson called as I passed him in the hallway.

“Have fun…” I trailed off, not being able to think of a good come back. “being stupid.” I finally sputtered.

That made Jackson laugh and wink before turning into one of the rooms in the hall. I stuck my tongue out at him, but I knew that he couldn’t see it because he was already through the door of where he was going.

Ten minutes later, I was staring with a dropped jaw at the sight in front of me. A pool? No, this was a heavenly pond of water and love. The water was encased in an in ground hole surrounded by rocks and flowers with a small cement beach that lead into the water. On the other side of the pool, the rocks faded into nothing and there was a diving board with a small slide. I couldn’t wait to bruise my tummy on the diving board which is what I will probably do.

“This is so cool!” Taylor shrieked beside me, voicing my own thoughts. “I can’t believe I’ve lived next door to this place for years and I’ve never seen this thing.”

“I can’t wait to get in.” I beamed, leading both Taylor and Damon over to the lawn chairs near the diving board. I laid my towel out and then eagerly stripped into my bikini. “Last one in is the lonely asparagus!” I shouted as I threw my sunglasses onto the lawn chair and darted for the deep end of the luxurious-looking pool.

I was suddenly encased in the cool, chlorine-filled water as it bubbled around me before I gained my sense of direction and started heading for the surface. When my head bobbed out of the water, Damon and Taylor were both jumping in after me, splashing me as they dove into the water around me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After two and a half hours in the pool, I had realized that both Damon and his sister, Taylor, were both really cool people. We had a splash war in which I surrendered to Damon because his arms were freakishly long and very good for splashing large amounts of water onto people. We also played Marco Polo, a game in which I dominated in with my cat-like reflexes and super human hearing. Taylor showed us up at Sharks and Minnows, though, with a victorious winning streak.

When we’d exhausted all of our childhood pool games and our fingers were turning to prunes, we all agreed to get out of the pool, at least for a little while.