28.) Weddings

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Those two sentences are something that every girl wants to hear once in her lifetime as she’s looking in the face of the man she loves, her everything, her future. Those words bring out an emotion in every- okay, maybe not every, but most- in girls that bring tears to their eyes as they begin to think about their own future. Who will I marry? Will I ever get married? How many kids will we have? What will my last name be? And then you look up to the front of the aisle where two people just committed their lives to each other and you watch the magical moment of their first kiss as husband and wife. Some people- like me and all of the other bridesmaids- cry when they watch this beautiful joining. Others just smile or laugh. But everyone can agree that this moment is a wonderful time for everyone, just with those two sentences.

And as those words rang out of the priest’s mouth, I watched with teary eyes as Tommy took Andy into his arms and claimed her lips in his with excitement and pride.

The large crowd erupted in cheers for the bride and groom as they shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

I looked over at Jackson, who was standing in the line of groomsmen and gave him a small smile as I clumsily clapped around the small pink bouquet of flowers in my hands. He waved back and then leaned over to say something to Kale, who was beside him in the groomsmen lineup. Ryder was the best man, so Ryder was beside Tommy and Jackson was on the other side of Ryder, and then it was Kale and then a guy named Jay who I was told worked in the recording studio with Tommy.

I think Andy purposely tried playing match maker with her lineup of bridesmaids to match Tommy’s groomsmen lineup. Carrie was her maid of honor, which was just a coincidence with Ryder being best man, and beside Carrie was me and then Holly and lastly, Elle.

We were all dressed in our matching bridesmaids dresses, they were light blue chiffon and very flowey as they draped down to mid-thigh. The dress had a sequin silver strap around the waist that matched the straps and the silver heels that we were given to wear. The light blue color matched the colorful array of flowers that were draped in our hands, along with the much more extravagant version of the bouquet that Andy carried down the aisle that was now in Carrie’s possession. The guys across the aisle way were all dressed in identical suits with light blue ties to match our dresses as we all clapped and clapped for the bride and groom.

They looked so happy as they embraced each other and then made their way down the aisle with everyone clapping and watching them make their escape to their small “just married” limo. I cleared my tears away, as every girl was, and then we all started to gather to follow Andy and Tommy to the building down the road where the reception was being held.

I rode in a rented limo with the whole bridal party, between Holly and Jackson as we all cooed over how cute the ceremony was.

“Did you see her crying?” Holly wailed. “Andy was totally crying.”

“You are all crying.” Ryder pointed out from his seat between Carrie and Elle.

“Yes, thank you for that, Ryder.” Holly snapped playfully. “But she was really crying and it was so cute!”

“You’re so clueless.” Carrie giggled at Ryder. I silently wondered how long they would last without deeming their relationship officially romantic because I don’t think they’ll last very long at all.

“We’re here.” Elle chirped, causing me to look out the window of the dark windows. We were in front of the five star hotel that Andy was having the reception at, along with all of the other cars that had driven the rest of the wedding guests.