3.) Midnight Snacks

Do you know how much a person has to buy when she’s about to go to Australia for three months?

A lot.

Do you know how long it takes to buy so much stuff in a huge mall?

Forever.

My feet were screeching for relief in my Chucks as all of us herded into Jackson’s house and plopped down on the couch. Me, Holly, Andy, and Elle have been at the LA mall for about six hours while we scoured every shelf for the perfect bikinis and covers, sandals, sunglasses, sundresses, summer-styled makeup, and anything else that we’d need. Sure, it was some amazing girl time, but now we were all so exhausted, Godzilla could be chomping on the roof of this house and I still wouldn’t get up.

“Woah.” Jackson mumbled, coming into the room to see four exhausted girls with shopping bags scattered everywhere around us. “Did you guys buy a whole new wardrobe?”

“Basically.” Elle answered.

“And I guess I’m going to have to carry that up to your room?” Kale asked Holly, coming into the room behind Jackson, along with Tommy as they all eyed the monster mess with wary eyes.

“That’d be really nice.” Holly smiled innocently up at her way-unfairly-nice boyfriend.

“You could carry mine up there too.” I joked.

“Get your own.” Holly teased as she stood up and followed Kale up the stairs with his arms holding all of her bags.

“What the hell did you buy?” We heard him groan half way up the stairs.

“Only the necessities.” Holly assured him just as their voices muffled from the distance and we couldn’t hear them anymore.

“Yeah, I guess I’ll head up, if I can move.” I grumbled, gripping my countless amount of shopping bags and hooking them on my forearms as I wished everyone a goodnight while Tommy picked up Andy’s bags and headed for the front door. Ah, the single life- getting to do everything by yourself.

I dropped the bags right inside the door of my room with my arms now aching and burning from carrying all of those heavy bags, even though I succumbed to using the elevator, it was still a dubious task. When I saw that my cable box was telling me that it was already eight at night, I deemed that late enough to get to bed, so after changing into my pajamas- short shorts and a tank top- I crawled into my bed only half awake and then quickly drifted into a heavy sleep.

I’m in love alri-i-i-ight. With my crazy beautiful life.

My Kesha ringtone was the thing that woke me up after what seemed like only five minutes of sleep. I tried to ignore the piercing sound, but it was relentless and never-ending so I eventually rolled over with a loud groan and groggily searched for the phone that was perched on my nightstand.

“Hello?” I grumbled into the phone.

“Olivia, you kept me waiting, why don’t you answer your phone quicker?” The screechy, annoying voice whined on the other end of the phone. My mother. I cringed at her words- I hate my full name, Olivia.

“I was sleeping, Mother.” I mumbled with a yawn, sitting up in bed since I knew that this phone call would not end anytime soon and when it did, I wouldn’t be in a good enough mood to go back to sleep.

“Sleeping? Why on Earth are you sleeping? Shouldn’t you be studying for exams?”

I looked at the lit up cable box under the bug TV in the corner of the room. “Well, I usually sleep when it’s one in the morning and Exams were a few weeks ago. I’m on break.”