Chapter 8 - Battle of Manhattan

Reader's POV

"Where am I?" you ask as you look around at the barren wasteland.

"This is Midgard in an alternate reality."

You stare wide eyed as you reach up and rubbing your chest say, "What happened? The last thing I remember I was talking with Loki and then my heart felt like it was going to explode."

"The Tesseract was initiated which caused a reaction since we are connected."

"I have to get back, I have to stop Loki!" You say as you force yourself to stand.

"But it is too dangerous for you, your body cannot withstand my power once it becomes unstable."

You let out a sigh as you say, "It's a risk I'm just going to have to make. Please take me back." You feel the power surge through your body and with a flash of golden light you find yourself back in Stark Tower just as Loki and Thor are fighting on the balcony.

You quickly run outside where you throw yourself between them and say, "Please stop this you two are brothers!"

"I am not his brother!" Loki says his eyes filled with anger.

"Brother please," Thor says his eyes filled with mixed emotions.

Loki looks around at the Chitauri destroying Manhattan and smiles as he says, "You cannot stop this glorious war."

You open your mouth to say something but are cut off by Thor yelling, "Look at this! Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?"

Loki's face softens as he says, "It's too late. It's too late to stop it."

Thor smiles as he walks past me and gently laying his hand on Loki's shoulder as he says, "No. We can, together." You smile but then suddenly Loki stabs Thor.

"No!" you call out as you run over to his side pressing your hand against Thor's open wound.

"Sentiment!" Loki says as he turns and starts to walk away before Thor pushed away from you and starts wailing on Loki beating him to a pulp.

"Thor stop it!" You yell out as you once again put yourself between the two of them.

"Why?!" Thor yells right as Loki rolls off the balcony and onto one of the aliens flying chariots.

"Are you alright?" You ask as you turn back toward Thor.

He nods slightly as he says his voice sounding distant causing your heart to clench, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to try and talk some sense into Loki but he's beyond reason."

Thor clenches his jaw as he says, "Why Loki?"

You turn back toward him confusion filling your face as you say, "What do you mean?"

His face darkens as he says, "Never mind."

You stare at him as he pushes away from you and heads over to the side of the balcony and looks over the side. "You should go back to the flying fortress."

You feel your anger start to rise as you say, "Why I have just as much right to be here as you do?"

"Don't argue with me just go!" Thor says turning back toward you, eyes wide with anger.

"Excuse me, you may be a prince of Asgard but you can't control me." You quickly turn and start walking toward the stairs when Thor grabs your arm. "Thor you better let me go!" You warn as you stare daggers up into his blue eyes.