Part 4

Meanwhile, back at the base, the commander was in one of her more secretive rooms which was a small office. She was talking with someone. "What do you want with me and the other scientists? Keeping them in little offices for the time being as if nothing was wrong" A voice asked. "Oh Harold, it's not you or your little friends that I want. What I want is simply for your lab to remain shut down and three new recruits is all, and those people in lab coats will stay in those rooms until I find a better use for them, and you're going to tell me where my new recruits are." "I don't have to tell you anything" Harold remarked "you don't need to know anything". "Is that so?" Jane began "well what I do know is how long you have been in the laboratory business, basic information about that star, Chaos. Which was named by Angelo none the less, almost everything about him and his friends..." She paused for a second when she formed a sly smirk on her face "and how he calls you 'dad' when he is happiest...". That last remark made Harold more frustrated at her then he already was, but he tried to stay calm. "How could you possibly know that!? How long have you been observing us?" "Oh for quite sometime now" the general said. "Why do you want me to tell you where Angelo is? Didn't you send him to return when he found his two other friends?" "Yes, but I'm using you as a backup. If he doesn't return soon you'll be the one to tell me where his possible location is". She then turned her back to face him and opened the door to leave. Before she could though, Harold said "I don't think it's a bright idea to use kids their age as agents in your force". She simply replied "the sooner they start, the better. Besides, I'm pretty sure they're old enough" and left the room closing the door behind her. Leaving Harold sitting on a chair alone to think of what would happen next. And what of his son.

  "Where is this base located exactly?" Jericho called to Angelo "Just follow me". Angelo rode his motorcycle while Jericho luckily was renting one that he had parked outside. Since he taught himself to ride using Angelo's bike when he was at the park with his friends that day, he decided he might as well rent a bike since it was less expensive than actually buying one for himself. Violet rode with him. She tightened her grip a little so she could ride more securely. Feeling her grip, Jericho tensed slightly. Surprised at the sudden feeling around his waist. Glancing back at her with his eyes then to the road shortly, he rolled his eyes amused and didn't pay much mind to it then when he realized it was only her. They rode for a long while before they finally reached the base. "We're here" Angelo said. They stood in front of the building looking up at it for a while before they went to set down their bikes. They then walked in being led by Angelo.

   They stood near the door for a second before going any further. "Whoa" Violet and Jericho said simultaneously as they looked around. Angelo gave a short hum and walked forward, they followed behind him. A display of fine gems in a glass case took Violet by surprise as she saw it in one side of the hall. She stopped to look adoringly at it. Her eyes glistened as the jewels did until Jericho held her arm and pulled her away. Violet let out a small disappointed "aw" but continued to walk anyway. They walked further into the building and as they did, Jericho and Violet's eyes were darting in every direction. Out of nervousness yet also of curiosity to what was around them. Angelo stopped and moved his head to look around. Trying to find the door to the strategy room where Sparks had first given him his mission. Both Violet and Jericho spotted what looked like a replica model of the space pods back at the lab. They furrowed their brows, confused and looked to each other then back at the models. They took a few steps forward, trying to move on but still eyeing the replicas. Jericho then looked to his left but made a bit of a double take at what he saw. He slowly walked to what he was looking at. Violet turned to say something to him until she noticed he was gone. She moved her head around quickly to look for him until she saw him. He was looking up at a collection of armory in a glass display. His eyes moving from one weapon to the next in deep fascination. Violet shook her head and smirked at this. She just knew he was listing off the names of each and everyone of them in his head. 'That smart aleck' she thought to herself. Angelo cleared his throat shortly but loud enough for Violet to here. She turned to look at him, he gestured his head to keep moving forward. She nodded. Violet made her way to Jericho and pulled at his arm lightly getting his attention. She smiled at him and gestured her head toward Angelo so he would follow her to him. "Come on" she said with a wink. Jericho looked down modestly then looked at her again and nodded. He then proceeded to follow Violet back to Angelo. "Actually... Working here doesn't sound half bad" Violet said. Jericho shot a serious look toward her "what? It's not bad" she said shrugging. Jericho couldn't help but give a short nod of understanding. Angelo stopped suddenly which made them both stop as well. "Do you hear that?" Violet asked. "I do. I suspect someone is around here. I don't think we're alone..." Jericho said. "Because we aren't" Angelo said. "Well well, look who has finally arrived" they heard a voice call out. They looked ahead of them and saw Jane walking toward them. "These must be my new recruits..."