Katekyo Hitman Reborn Drabble Collection: Yamamoto Takeshi

Chapter One

“(First Name)!” Your mother shouted. You woke up to a cool autumn morning. Outside your room, you the new neighborhood that you would be living in. This place seemed like a whole new dimension, a far cry from the country you came from.

“(First Name)!” Your mother shouted once more. “Coming, Mom!” You shouted back, just to shut her up. “It’s your first day of school! Aren’t you exited?”

“No I’m not.” You mumbled under your breath. Seriously, after you force me to move to Japan, you expect me to excited? You thought. You shuffled to the edge of your bed. You expect cold, hard wood but instead, your feet met a warm, furry hide.

“Woof, woof woof!” Your dog barked. “Ah,” You said. “Sorry, Yoshiko.” Yoshiko ran around the room, looking for a place where he could sleep without being disturbed, and finally settled between two moving boxes. Since you haven’t unpacked yet, they were everywhere.

Sighing, you headed towards the door. Opening it, you came face-to-face with the wall clock. 7:45. “Wait, WHAT?!” You realized as you ran down the stairs.

“I see you finally decided to lift your head from that pillow.” Your mother teased. You went straight to the bathroom and had a quick shower.

Upstairs, you ran around the room, doing multiple things at once. The moment you were finished, you led Yoshiko out of the room and went downstairs. Grabbing a piece of toast and your bag, you kissed your mom and ran outside.

“First day, and I’m LATE?” You shouted on the top of your lungs as you proceeded to the garage. Thank goodness your bike wasn’t in one of those boxes. It would take forever to find it. You removed it from its stand and guided it out of the porch.

When you were on the street, you hopped on and pedaled as fast as you can. Seems like this new world was finally waking up. The smell of baking bread was lingering in the air, people were walking around, starting their day with a cup of coffee, cars were moving about, proceeding to whatever job they’ve got. You were still observing the surroundings when you realized that you were about to run over three guys.

“Holy-” You said as you pressed the breaks, and your bike stopped right on time in front of the three guys. On had spiky, black hair, another had gray, while the last was shorter than the other two and had brown, star-shaped hair.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” The gray haired one said. You bowed on your bike and apologized, which was a bad idea, because your bike tipped over and you fell on the busy side of the street, where the cars were driving around.

To your horror, a van was crossing the street in with alarming speed. It was just about to run you over when a hand pulled you from the street, just in time for the van to miss you by an inch. It beeped angrily, paired with the driver shouting curses.

“Asshole!” The gray haired one shouted back. Your legs still shaking, you turned to look at your savior. To your surprise, it was the black haired one. He smiled at you sweetly. “Well, that was a close one.” He said. “Are you okay?”

“Uh, yes…” You replied, blushing. Ugh. you thought Why do I get nervous around guys? “Um, excuse me…” The brown haired one spoke up. “That uniform… Do you go to Namimori Middle School?” He asked. “Um, Yeah, why?”

“I was just wondering,” He replied. “Are you lost?” Come to think of it, you were just biking around aimlessly, not knowing where to go. “I guess…”

“Well!” The black haired one spoke up again. “No wonder you were going the wrong direction.” He turned and pointed opposite to where you were going. “Namimori is that way. We know  because we go to school there, too.” He propped your bike up and returned to face you again. “We’ll get going, now. We’re almost late, you know?”

“I-um-Thank you!” You shouted back, bowing. You hopped on your bike once again and pedaled a little, just to test if your bike was okay. You looked back. “Hey!” He shouted at you, waving his arms around. “What’s your name?”

You waved back, shouting. “My name’s (Last name) (First name)!” And with that, you pedaled towards Namimori.