New York, New York (02)

The next day my alarm clock went off. To me, this was the funeral anthem of my summer. I groaned, and hit the off button. I rolled out of bed, and dragged myself into the bathroom. I had a quick shower, and booted up my laptop as I got dressed. I scrolled through the news feed on my Facebook. A few of my old friends had posted on my wall, saying they missed me. My best friend, Charlotte had written on my wall.

Call me after your first day! I miss you! <3

I missd her too. Being apart in senior year was not going to be much fun. Without her, life seemed quite boring.

I put on a pair of lighter wash jeans without rips (against dress code). I hauled on a green t-shirt withblack stitching. I pulled on a pair of bright sneakers, and straightened up. Molly got up shortly after. Molly was a person who showered at night, and had her shower the night before. She got up and padded into the bathroom as I was applying my makeup. She nudged me out of the way so she could wash her face. I huffed, and then she padded out again to get dressed.

Before I knew it, my sister and I were both crammed into our little bathroom, faces pressed up against the mirror, fighting for space. Finally, I got fed up and did my hair in my bedroom, just pulling it into a high ponytail.

"Let's go," I barked at Molly as she pulled her shoes on.

"Okay!" She snapped back. I grabbed my car keys from the hook on the wall and slipped my sunglasses on. Usually, we take the bus, but our school was outside of the city, and too far for a bus. Molly followed me out the door, and into the elevator that would take us to the parking garage beneath our building.

I got into my black little Honda Civic and started it up. Molly jumped into the passenger's side, and I sped out of the parking garage.

We made it to school in twenty minutes. I pulled into the parking lot, and shut off my car. Molly ran her fingers through her hair, and took a deep breath. She looked at me.

"Do I look okay?"

I scanned my little sister up and down, and put my hand on her shoulder. "Yes. You look great. Let's go."

I slammed my car door shut and locked it. Molly followed step beside me. We tooked completely different. Our physical features were similar, but we were total different stereotypes. Molly was a preppy, sweet girl. She was wearing a pink, floral print dress with a white 3/4 sleeve cardigan over top. she had light, gold accessories on and strapping tan sandals. I on the other hand, was in my jeans, t-shirt, and bright skater sneakers. I had a wrist full of beaded bracelets, and my nails were painted black. I also had small silver hoops in, and a diamond nose ring. We couldn't be more different.

Just as we walked through the main doors, the bell rang and we had to go to home room before our first classes. I squeezed Molly's shoulder, and smiled. She returned the grin, and we both went our separate ways.

After a few minutes, I found my home room, on the third floor. By the looks of it, you could definetly tell it was an art room. A man peeked at me from behind large glasses, and called out a greeting.

"Hello there, you are.....?"

"Sofia Marcus," I replied.

"Welcome, welcome. I am Mr. Aldwiess, the art teacher here at Nichols-Thompson Academy."

"Nice to meet you," I said.

"Likewise, likewise," he nodded, stroking his grey beard. "You may take a seat anywhere you like."

"Thanks."

I took a seat in front of a big window, and stared outside, down to the vast green courtyard bellow. This year will be different I thought, Because I'm only here for a year, I won't make lots of friends. I'm not going to get too involved. Just pass. Just pass.

"Levi Caro, will there ever be a day you are on time in advisee?" I hear Mr. Aldwiess's voice boom across the room. I looked over at the door, and there stood the handsome waiter from the night before.

Oh Boy.

"Sorry Mr. Aldwiess, I-"

"Nevermind Levi, I'm not in the mood for a feeble excuse this morning. However, if you're late tomorrow it's a detention."

"Yes sir," Levi saluted. He walked over in my direction, and placed his backpack on the desk before him, rummaging around in it for something.

"Perhaps you could show Miss Marcus around school to her classes then, instead," Mr. Aldwiess suggested. I heard Levi mutter something beneath his breath, but he agreed. He turned to me then.

"Hi I'm-"

He looked at mein amazement, and shook his head. "Levi."

"Sofia Marcus," I smile at him. He stands there with his mouth hanging wide.

"You're the girl I gave my shirt to!"

"I'll bring it back to you tomorrow," I say apologetically.

"That's okay," he smirked. "The tip was awesome."

"Well, the accident was partially my fault too. You shouldn't get in trouble for it."

"Well, not the way my boss sees it. What do you have for classes?"

I pass him my schedual, and he whistles low. "Wow."

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous."

"Good for you, have fun with those," he said sarcastically.

"Great."

The second bell rang then, and after the Pledge of Allegiance, Levi led me out of the classroom and down the hall. He was explaining the four floors of the school. First was the lobby and cafeteria and the gym (classes, and workout room), Second was Math and Sciences, Third was the Arts, English and Foreign Languages, Fourth was History, Study Halls, and most electives. So I'd start out on the Second floor for advisee and math, go to third for Creative Composition, then fourth for History and Study Hall, back to third for French, and the to the fourth floor for Culinary. Across the court yard there was even a large auditorium for musical and theatrical performances, and there was also our large gym for sports.

"At least you'll get your excercise," Levi chuckled, "However, there are a couple elevators for people going from first floor to fourth, or something like that."

I groaned and he laughed. He stopped at the end of the hall, in front of a room marked 'Mrs. Shoppee, Calculus'. Levi grinned at me.

"This is soooo weird, seeing you here," He said.

"Tell me about it, I thought you'd be too old to be inhigh school."

"Well, like you I'm a senior," he laughed. "Maybe wecan get together sometime, without me spilling stuff all over you?"

"Sure. You've got my number."

"Right!" He nodded. "See you around!"

He waved to me, and then jogged off down the hall, and out of sight.

Interesting.