Memories

Mal's POV

"Okay, so we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the front while you guys will be up on the balcony.", I explained.

We were talking about our plan for getting the wand at the coronation tomorrow. It was very deliberate if I do say so myself, but that's only because we need to make sure it's perfect with no mistakes. Because all of us know that if we don't pull this off, we are definitely goners.

"Okay.", Evie muttered, looking down at the charts and diagrams I prepared.

"Carlos?" I looked at him so he could continue his side of the plan.

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier and get back on the island with the wand."

I nodded. "Perfect." I turned towards Evie, holding the blue bottle that had the magic sleeping potion I made the night before. "Evie, just like how you used this for Chad today, you will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays of this and he'll be out like a light."

I placed the bottle gently in her hands.

"Okay.", she said.

We all looked at each other making sure we all had the plan memorized before separating. I could tell they had a look of uncertainty and hesitation in their eyes, but it's already too late. We had the plan mapped out and ready to go. We'll get the villains off the island and take over Auradon. It's what we want-well what our parents want. At this point none of us know what we want.

I've decided to get all the feelings I had inside of me about Ben erased. It was just a moment of weakness, I think. We are going to do this and make our parents proud. It's the real reason why we're here, right? 

I looked down at the spellbook and saw the page with the love spell opened. Ben is still under this love spell. He's still sure he loves me, but once we take over Auradon, then what? He will still be under the spell even after that. It just doesn't seem right to make him still love me when it happens, so why not just erase it.

I sat down and started flipping pages through the book and found the page where it says 'How to Break a Love Spell' in fancy writing. Sometimes I'm surprised at the kinds of spells I find in this book. Once I found a spell to put warts on a person's foot. Who would want that? Scratch that-who would need that?!

I started reading the ingredients silently to myself. 

"This heart I know with my dark spell, set it free and make it well...", I muttered under my breath.

I heard footsteps behind me but didn't bother to look up knowing that it was probably Jay trying to steal my gold necklace.... again.

"M?" I looked up to find out it was actually Evie. "You want to break Ben's love spell?"

I opened my mouth but no words came out, so I just started making my eyes wander anywhere else.

"Yeah,", I said, more confidently. "You know, for after."

"I don't...", Evie said, a little confused on what I meant.

I sighed. "I've just been thinking. You know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra...." I bit my lip still trying to find the right word. "cruel."

Evie looked at me in astonishment and sympathy, but I didn't want to have to be looked at like that ever. So I slammed the spellbook and headed off to the kitchen to start making the spell.