|Chapter 11|

Hope

I was laying in bed since it was past curfew. I kept tossing and turning cause I couldn't go to sleep. It was to quiet, and I wasn't used to it.

I sat up and looked around the dark room as the moonlight shone through making shadows.

I bundled up some more in my cover. The laid down. "Can you be still?" Asked August I didn't know he was up still.

"No" I said sitting up once again. "Well people can't go ta sleep if ya keep moving around" he said. We were whispering so we couldn't wake anyone.

"You weren't even sleep" I said standing up. "Whatchu doing?" He said. "Nothing" I said walking to the window. I sat on the seal.

"Your doin somethinn if your walkin" August said walking up to the window also.

I looked him making him chuckle lowly. "You know your dumb right" I said walking to the restroom.

"Wait lemme go first" he said. "Have you ever heard of ladies first" I crossed my arms.

"Have you eva heard that I will lock yo ass in the restroom" he smiled. "Ugh I swear" I said walking away.

After the whole restroom fiasco I laid back in bed as well as August. I started moving again. He smacked his lips.

I giggled. What a wonderful world began to play except it was on saxophone. "Shut the hell up!" August yelled.

"August you shut the hell up" I yelled at him always killing the vibe. "Who is you talking to" he yelled.

Mrs. D walked in she looked mad. "What tha hell you guys yellin foe its 1 in the mornin, stop cursing and arguing and go to sleep" she said and what that she turned off the light and left.

"And I was talking to" I said answering his question but whispering. "Mayne go to sleep" he whispered. I start singing.

And I say to myself

What a wonderful world.

I smiled. Surprisingly August didn't reply. He shifted and I felt a stare so I did the same. "What?" I whispered. "Nothing, you jus don't seem like the singing type" he said.

"Neither do you, but you can't judge a book by its cover" I say.

I don't always do what I should

But I do what I gotta do

When you've been at the bottom

You see the hunger inside of you

Don't say what you want do

Cause it can all change

When the going gets tough

It'll drive you insane

See I den dodged a couple shots