E L E V E N

Her mothers face was full of anger and worry, but to Mattie there was no worry, only annoyance and a trace of hatred that she thought she saw past her dark eyes.

There was of course, yelling, something Mattie expected fully. However her legs were still shaky from her day earlier with Jaxson at his home, and it was as if she could still feel his fingertips between her thighs even when he was gone.

"You never get rides home from friends." Her mother snapped, pacing back and forth on the living room floor as Mattie watched from the couch with her nervous hands in her lap. She wasn't used to lying.

"Well today I did, it's not a big deal." She replied, not meeting her mothers gaze.

"You're not looking me in the eye Mattie."

"So? Mom stop making everything a big deal I'm telling the truth-"

"Oh so that's why the school called me then huh?" She said with her arms crossed and eyes narrowed.

Her heart sank and her palms grew sweaty. She was so caught up with Jaxson that she forgot the consequences of skipping an entire day.

"Now I'm going to ask you again," she hesitated and stepped closer to Mattie. "Where, were you?"

Mattie swallowed a forming lump in her throat and forced back tears. She hated lying and keeping things from her mom, and in addition she was so sensitive. Even being slightly yelled at had her eyes watering.

"I don't know." She replied, tilting her head down to her lap.

Her mother sighed an angry sigh and stood in front of her for a few moments of silence.

"Look at me." She ordered, and Mattie obeyed. "You're grounded until you decide to tell me, got it?"

Mattie closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip, for she was never grounded before.

She simply nodded and stood up before sulking upstairs and into her bedroom. Her curtains were open, and when she looked across to Jaxson's window, he wasn't there like she had expected and wanted him to be.

She quickly got her cellphone out from her back pocket and looked at her screen to see a message from Jaxson that he must have sent while she was downstairs.

It read,

I miss you already.

She smiled at the message and replied back.

Come and get me.

She pressed send and looked to his window, still seeing nothing but darkness. She sighed and laid on her bed, wanting Jaxson to make all of her stresses go away with just a few thrusts of his hips and a couple flicks of his tongue.

An hour passed as she laid looking at the ceiling, and then it was two hours. That was when she blasted music through her earbuds and stripped into only her panties and a large T-shirt. Then it was three hours, and the sun was finally down for the night.

The sky was black, naked of any stars, and so was Jaxson's window. Black and full of empty shadows, every shadow but his own.

Thoughts crossed her mind that he could be at another girls house. The thought upset her, but she shook it off and turned off her lamp and tossed her iPod and earplugs into the small drawer beside her.

She pulled her covers up to her chest and laid on her side, focusing her eyes on the floor, hoping to grow tired.

She craved Jaxson's touch and strong arms around her, she craved his dark hair and to run her fingers through it as he drilled her, she craved everything about him. And that was what she wanted right then and there.