Chapter 19: Part A

"Music is my passion," his solemn expression came cascading down my arms in a sweep of chilling goose bumps. He looked down to me, a brush of fluster coming to his face as his eyes locked onto mine. "Even if you find it odd that someone like me would do something so..." A thousand things were running through my mind... every word in the lexicon was appearing in my head, trying to fill that ellipse. He grasped his shirt tightly. "Whether it is strange or not, this is me. I'm sorry... to have dropped such a bomb shell on you." I didn't know what was going on with me; his words seemed to have a deeper more subtle meaning that I couldn't seem to decipher. Like he was worried about something... worried about... me?

                 My eyes shot to the neck of his shirt, to the sunglasses that clung to it like a bat hanging upside down. We were standing in the alleyway between the arena and the cinema stationed next door. The dank mystique of graffiti and long forgotten shopping carts made the corridor of brick and mortar hard to breathe in, as I stared at this dark black mask disguising itself as a pair of shades. I saw him come closer but in fact it was me closing in on him. I took the glasses in my hands, opening them up one side at a time as I examined them. I shook my head.

                 "No." I raised my hands, carefully placing the shades onto his face. My fingers brushed his soft atramentous hair which made me have to bite my lip to stop myself from jumping. "No, this is what your heart is telling you to do, this is your calling. Whatever you do," I looked into his hidden eyes, trying to find his obscured expression. "Don't fight it. Do what your heart is telling you man, and never ever look back."

                 "My heart..." He whispered. I smiled up to him, burning this new mask of his into my memory.

                 "You have a tremendous gift Marc; don't think that this barrier of yours can take that away from you. You are stronger than it, I know you are." I could not grasp what was happening, these words were spilling from my mouth like a waterfall, and they were completely an involuntary action which I could not control. I was spilling all my feelings to him and just couldn't stop.

                 "Abigail," I looked up from my thoughts to see Marc looming overhead. I could not see past his tinted shield, but as his face came closer he raised the glasses to show the most beautiful kind eyes I have ever seen possible. Then his chin took up my whole spectrum and I felt something soft compress against my forehead then release. "Thank you, thank you for everything."

                 My heart was in my throat and I had to swallow it before I could even process what just happened. This warmth came over me, I-couldn't describe it... it was just this surge which took me over and possessed me. I found my arms jumping out and grasping him, pulling him into me in this fuzzy-feeling, confused-emotion filled embrace. But without hesitation I was swept up in his own tight squeeze. In my ear he chuckled.

                 "Abby, you are awesome." My brows furrow. Did he just call me Abby?

Hey Guys, I will try to post after exam week so by Thursday. Cya then!