Chapter 8: Wow.

My girlfriends were over, eating all my parent's breadsticks while they were away. I wasn't ready yet, you know how it is... being a girl. I sometimes hate how I am impulse to do myself up when we go out somewhere. But yet here I was, applying mascara and some shimmery eye shadow stuff Margaret bought me for my birthday.

            The trick to not detest doing my makeup is to pretend I am shading my face in, I am adding tones and complexion, adding definition, adding life like in my sketches. I blink back from the mirror, ok... don't get TOO into it girl!

            "Abby, are you done yet?" Brie called up the stairs.

            "Yeah, just a sec." I replied in monotone, making sure I didn't smudge my lashes. "Alright, I'm coming!" I raced down the stairs two at a time, clicking my heels together and sticking the landing. I felt two arms coil around mine and opened my eyes as I was being propelled backward... great, they kidnapped me.

            Thrown into the back seat Brie turned around to me as she backed up the car. "To the movies here we come!" We all cheered.

            The movie was great, popcorn went airborne and laughter roared. After stuffing our faces at our favourite burger joint we did a little shopping. I bought a new sketchpad and pencils which I couldn't wait to try out, I wonder what kind of piece I am going to christen it with? Then the phone call came.

            "Hey mom, how is the countryside?" She didn't answer. "Mom?"

            "Honey, I hear that there is a terrible storm coming your way, I want you girls to head home alright? Me and your father will be there as soon as we can." I felt my happiness wash away.

            "Roger Wilco," I sighed. " I'm on it mom." She told me she loved me and we said our goodbyes. I snapped back into the real world just to realize I left my friends dying.

            "What was that, do we need to pick her up something?" Margaret asked. I flipped and un-flipped my phone repeatedly, trying to find the right words to explain to them.

            "Mom said there is a bad storm coming... she wants us to head back to the house before it hits." I saw their smiles evaporate like the drying puddles at our feet; I felt for them, it was only 4:30pm. Our day had just begun and now it was already over.

            "Well, we at least got our sleepover to look forward to!" Brie defended, we all slapped on the best expression we could. "So come on, let's get to it!" and we slowly followed behind her to the car.

            It was a good thing we left when we did because as I looked through the sunroof of the car I saw the beautiful blue sky get swallowed up by the darkness of angry black clouds. The clouds looked pregnant with rain, swollen to the point of rupture. I expected them to burst, and just as we raced inside my hunch proved on the ball. They exploded like water balloons.

            Crack! A flash of lightning illuminated the whole night sky and the windows began to pound with rain. I hope you don't mind but I am a little TERRIFIED right now, I hate thunder storms with an intense passion. Slipping into my PJ's I sat on my bed with my knees up to my chin, my girls downstairs getting some chips for the long night of movies, chit chat and truth or dare. We are hard core teens I tell ya!

            "My god Beth, you forgot the dip!" I heard Beth moan and trumpet back down the stairs.

            "Hey Abby you decent in here?"Brie asked as she eased open the door. I sat up cross legged and flashed her and Margaret a smile.

            "Yeah, get your butts in here." Beth joined us after a moment and Brie, Margaret and her shared a look. This couldn't be good.

            "GET HER!" Oh crap! I was dive bombed, body slammed... KO'ed... why must my friends be so abusive? And yet, I couldn't stop laughing.

~X~

            "Now," Brie said, grabbing the flashlight and killing the lights. "It is time for the spoooooky stories!" I wasn't amused. Putting the flashlight under her chin her face stood out like an evil mask in the pitch black dark. She leaned in, her devilish eyes glowing, trying to scare me. "I heard this true story about a girl, a high school girl. She was a sweet and innocent little thing, got good grades, got good looks. She was walking home from cheerleading practice one day, her itsy bitsy uniform flapping in the breeze. Suddenly she got a text message from an unknown number." Thunder rumbled as if on cue. You're not helping here storm! "The text said: I am coming over!" She flung her face towards Beth, and she jumped.

            "Stop that!" She whined. Brie grinned as Beth shoved her away.

            "When the girl got home, a knock came from the door." Brie got closer to Margaret who was stifling laugher. Brie raised her fist and flexed her wrist three times as she spoke. "Knock, knock, knock went the door_." A crash of lighting burst and we all leapt out of our skins.

            Knock! Knock! Knock!

We looked towards each other.

            "W-what was that?" I asked; Brie shook her head, scared out of her wits.

            "That sounded like knocking, dumb as it may seem?" Beth replied.

            "You guys are crazy, it was just the wind." Margaret stated. Yeah, I am 17 I shouldn't get scared of a stupid made up story?

            Knock! Knock! Knock! ...Sh-should I?!

            Seriously, what else could it be? "I think it is knocking," I said, my mother flashed in my mind. "Hey, that must be my parents!"They told me they would get here ASAP, but they really must have been booking it? I ran down the stairs with my friends on my heels. "Hold on a second!" I called. I unlocked the door and quickly turned the knob.

            "Abigail!" I saw a big tall man in the doorway, the wind blew profusely, and he was trying to yell against it. Dad? It couldn't have been? "Abigail, can I use your phone?!" he called. He looked up; I saw them, those coal black eyes. Marc?

            "Come in come in!" ushering the waterlogged mountain into the house I fought with the wind for the door, once I clicked the door shut everything fell silent. I stared at Marc, and Marc stared at us... all four of us. He worked his fingers through his hair as he looked to his feet. I just realized we were all in our PJ's... how embarrassing.

            "M-mind if I use your phone? I need to call my dad." I couldn't take my eyes off him, his shirt white and all see-through from the rain showing off what was underneath, his jeans clinging to his legs, his hair slick and jet black; plastered to his  magnificent face. Wow. Just... wow.

______________________________________________________________________

Hey Everybody! Thanks  for reading, this is Saph here!

If you could drop me off a feedback two it would be really appreciated, thanks!