chapter 5 ~ 13 days

This journey was getting really boring, just sitting in the car, staring out the window , while wishing this wasn't happening.

Sam was now asleep and snoring lightly. Kain was texting on his phone and Hunter had a weird expression on his face while driving and I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking right now. Hunter turned on the radio. A news report was giving updates on the creatures.

"We have recently discovered that the zombies only rely on there sense of hearing to detect us. If you encounter one be quiet as they wont be able to see or smell you, just hear you. These creatures prefer to hunt at night but then sunlight wont affect them and they will come out in the day. We will be giving you updates every twenty minutes to inform about new things you will need to know. We are running tests on some of these creatures to find things that will help you getting to the safety areas. Good luck", With that broadcast announced Hunter turned off the radio and sighed. 

Leaning over Sam, being careful not to wake him up I look at the stack of CD's next to Hunter's arm.

"Hunter, can you put on CD on the top of that pile please", I asked, bored of the silence.

"Yeah", he replied.

Taking one hand off the wheel he picked up the CD and was about to put it in.

"STOP!", I screamed as something jumped in front of the car making a loud bang against the side. 

Hunter swerved missing a tree by inches at the side of the road. I screamed as he swerved again but didn't miss this time as the car came into contact with two massive trees. I hit my head really hard against the side of the car and within a matter of seconds the smell of blood was strong and I could feel myself slowly drifting off into unconsciousness.

............

Hunters POV

Shit, I thought. I cant believe I crashed. Panicking, I slowly moved my body to see if there was any damage before I check if the others are okay. The only thing that's hurting is my ribs and shoulder. Nothing seems broken so i should be okay.

I was so busy checking to see if I had any damage that I didn't realise Kain was yelling at me.

"Hunter!, Hunter are you okay, can you hear me. Me and Sam aren't badly hurt but we cant move as my leg is stuck an Sam says it hurts when he moves so I told him its best just to stay still, but Sky has blacked out with a bad cut on her forehead. I'm really worried so if you can move and your not stuck, get out and try and stop her cut from bleeding and make sure shes still breathing", Kain spoke in a rasp voice and by the way he said it he was really worried, just like me.

I looked over at him and noticed he has a cut above his left eye and his left was trapped between the glove box and the side of the car that was smashed in when it came into contact with one of the trees.

Looking around in my seat, I ignored the pain in my ribs, and looked at Sky and see that her heads bleeding pretty badly. Angry at myself for crashing in the first place I turn back in my seat and open the door. I get out and look back to see what had jumped out in front of us in the first place. Crap, I murmured as I saw a zombie with one of its arms missing slowly getting up.

I open the car door quickly. "Pass me my gun, quick!", I whisper to Kain trying to be a quiet as I could remembering what the lady on the radio had said.

"Why whats wrong?", he asked while passing it to me.

"The thing that jumped at us was a zombie and is starting to get up", I replied in a rushed tone.

Grabbing the gun from his hand I make my way around the side of the car and silently make may way over to the zombie. I have practised shooting for years now, I never miss if I have a clear view of my target, but those were also at our woods at the back of our house. I have never shot at a moving thing.

It was time to test if I could shoot a moving object. When I got a good enough distance from it, I lifted up my hand, aimed and shot at it. It hit in the head first shot, killing it instantly. Serves you right bitch for hurting my family, I thought angrily!

I run back to the car so I could help sky now that the treat was gone. I opened the door on Sam's side of the car to get the medical kit I packed.

"Sam are you okay?", I asked worried that he was injured badly.

"Yes, I think I will be okay, I hit my head and when I move it it hurts but Kain said I probably just have a concussion and it will go away soon", he replied with a weak smile.

I smiled at myself glad that he was a brave boy even though he was only around 7. Come to think of it we haven't even asked him how old he is, maybe I will ask him later. 

Bending over I grab the kit from behind Sam's head, being careful not to hurt him. I close the door and run around to the other side.

The door has been smashed in a bit so I have to use all my strength the wedge to door open enough so I could help her, ignoring the immense pain in my body which is protesting against what i'm doing.

I check Sky's pulse to check she is still breathing and let out a sigh of relief when I can feel a pulse. I then open up the kit and take out some bandages and antiseptic to clean the wound. 

Five minutes later I have cleaned and bandages up Sky's wound. Glad that she will be okay I walk over to were Kain is and pull open his door. 

"I have sorted out Sky. She should be fine and I told Sam not to go asleep in case he does have a concussion, so now Its time to get you leg unstuck", I explain to Kain.

"That might take a while because it looked like its not gonna move an inch", he replied grimly.

.........

A/N

I am going to make the next chapter longer because this one isn't long and i have too much of a headache to carry on

I hoped you liked Hunters POV 

i don't know if it was okay so please leave a comment and if you like vote and fan :) 

thank you.