chapter 3 ~ 13 days

.........

I'm surrounded by bags, boxes and random things. Because I am the youngest apparently I have to sit in the back with everything. We have been driving for only 5 minutes and I'm already annoyed with my brothers music. Why does he have to play it so loud? Its hurting my ears. 

I convinced hunter to drive to my best friend Kayla's house which is only another couple of minutes away, just to check if she is okay and if she might want to come with us, but shes most likely to go with her parents. Staring outside I let my mind wonder to happy memories me and Kayla have shared like the one time we played pranks on Kain all afternoon, then when he came looking for us we hid, but Kayla got her arm stuck between my wardrobe and my bedroom wall, when trying to fit in between.We spent hours trying to get it out, while Kayla was just standing out saying she will have to get it cut off and freaking out.

Kayla is a very crazy and outgoing which is probably why we became friends in kinder garden. She my closet friend and I would trade her for anyone.

What seemed like seconds later we pulled up outside Kayla's house. Moving a few things out the way I jumped out the car and ran up the front door and knocked.

"One minute!", I heard Kayla yell front somewhere.

I waited a few seconds, staring at the door, when all of a sudden it swung open revealing a happy looking Kayla.

"Sky!", she shouted, happy to see me.

My best friends pulled me into a tight hug. Cutting off my air supply.

"Um Kayla, its nice to see to but i cant breathe!", I managed to say.

"Sorry", she said letting me go quickly. "Its just i'm happy to see you".

"You saw me yesterday at school", I laughed.

"I know but that was ages ago", she said with a big smile. "Want to come in?", she gestured in doors.

"I would love to but I have to make this quick because my brothers are waiting in the car", I said. "I was wondering if you are going to head to the safety areas because of whats happening and if you are do you want to come with us?", I asked her hopefully.

"I'm sorry sky, I cant. As much as I would love to me, mum and dad are leaving tomorrow morning because dad is to tired to drive as he has been working late and my mum doesn't ever like to drive", Kayla replied.

Sad with her response I replied, "That's okay I understand, we will see each other when we make it to the safety areas, wont we".

"Yeah, of course we will", she replied.

"I better get going then, see you soon and don't forget to text me when you leave!".

We hugged each other for what seemed like ages and when we pulled away Kayla looked a bit sad. I was about to ask her whats wrong when someone beeped a horn. I turned around to see hunter telling me to hurry up.

Waving goodbye to Kayla i head back to the car, jump in and put on my seat belt.

"Is Kayla leaving soon then?", Kain asked.

"Yeah she said her and her mum and dad are leaving first thing tomorrow, so I guess we will meet them there", I replied.

"Okay", Kain said

I turned to wave goodbye and I thought I saw tears in Kayla's eyes. Maybe it was just my imagination I'm not sure. Hunter pulled away ad once again we were back on the road heading to the safety area.

......