chapter 7 ~ 13 days

Hunters POV

“Sky…Sky, wake up!” I said, shaking Sky’s shoulder slightly. She opened her eyes slowly and then bolted upright.

“Kain…is he alright? Where is he?” she shouted, looking around her, panicking slightly.

“Shhhh…he’s outside stretching. We just got his leg out and he felt like going for a little walk to see how well he can walk on it.” I explained, calming her down.

“Ohhh okay. How did you manage to get his leg out? And where is Sam?” she asked, looking around her again.

“Kain asked if I had brought some hammers, I remember that I had. So I went to get them and we hit the metal around his leg which allowed him to slide his leg out. I then bandaged it up after cleaning it. Oh, Sam is with Kain, to make sure he’s okay.”

“Wow, that all happened whilst I was out?” she asked silently.

“Yeah, but come on, we need to leave soon, before it gets dark…” I trailed off, remembering why we were in the accident in the first place.

“Oh right, yeah. Well I’ll just clean up a bit and eat something and then I’ll be ready to go.” she said looking around her for the box with sandwiches in.

“Here…” I said handing her the box. There were only a few sandwiches left which wouldn’t last us very long. Hopefully we can get to the camp tonight or if lucky, earlier than that.

“Thanks.” she replied, biting hungrily into a ham sandwich.

“Who, slow down there. Don’t need you chokin’ on ya food now, do we?” I said, chuckling slightly at how fast she’s eating.

“fushh…” she said through her food.

“Yeah…okay.” I laughed, and walked off. “Toothpaste is in the wash bag under the food box.” I shouted over my shoulder.

“Okay, thank you!” she shouted back and carried on eating.

I walked down the road, over to where Kain and Sam were walking.

“How’s the leg bro?” I asked Kain.

“It’s alright, a bit sore. I was expecting it to be worse than this to be honest, but it’s tolerable.” he explained walking around a bit more to show me.

“Yeah, it’s looks alright, but will you be able to walk for a while, until we reach the camp at least. If we reach it by tonight…”I trailed off, thinking that we might not make it by tonight so we will have to survive the night outside without any protection.

“Hey, I’ll be fine. Stop worrying about me. I can survive anything.” he laughed in a joking matter.

“okay… but tell any of us if it starts hurting too bad. We can just stop and hopefully dig a hole in the ground to cover us over night at least…” I trailed off again. That plan sounds like a load of rubbish to me right now. But maybe it could work…

“Yeah, whatever.” he said walking back towards the car.

“You gunna be alright Sam?” I asked the little boy standing next to me. I noticed he was staring off into the distance with a worried look.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. I’m just worried that them monster will find us, even in the daytime…”he whispered.

“Yeah, me too. But I’m sure we can fight them all off, eh?” I replied giving his shoulder a quick squeeze.

“Of course.” he cheered, smiling and running after Kain.

I smiled looking towards my family and Sam. Sky was washing brushing her teeth and wiping her face with a flannel. Kain was just getting back to the truck and was just going to sit in a seat. Sam was making sure Kain was okay, and also asking Sky for the flannel so he could clean is face a little bit. If someone had told me that in a matter of hours that my life would be turned upside down, I would’ve laughed in their face. But now I know that I should never doubt the unexpected as it could happen at any moment.

.................................... This chapter was written by Ningagoesrawrr !!! thanks so much sammie. i had writters block so sammie helped me write :D !! hope you enjoy