The Boys

Louis' POV

We pulled up to the familiar shared flat the boys and I shared, and I got out of the car.  I went around to open the door for Taylor.  "Why, thank you, good sir," she said as she held out her hand and smiled.  As soon as she got out, a loud scream was heard from the living room.  "Woah!" she shrieked.  "Is everything okay?"  She ran to the door.  "Guys?  Are you okay?"  She opened the door and ran in, and I followed.  Niall was on top of Liam, who was holding Harry in a headlock from the ground, who was pulling Zayn's hair, thus the screaming.  "Do you need any help?"  She asked.  I ignored her and jumped on Niall, not willing to let him get off too easy.  Soon enough we were rolling around in a ball of 5 people, and Taylor was laughing.  I guess she got used to how we are pretty quickly! 

Finally, I stood up and dusted myself off.  "Er, I suppose you already met the boys at the hospital, but... this is Zayn, Niall, Liam, and Harry.  4/5 of 1D.  I'm Louis, of course, the greatest fifth of 1D."   She smiled and gave each boy a hug.  As soon as she was done, they were all talking at once.

"You are not the best of 1D!"

"It's going to take WEEKS to get my quiff perfect again!"

"Danielle is going to be here in five minutes; she wanted to meet you."

"Oh, so is Perrie."

"Nandos.  Food.  No Nandos in AMERICA!!!"

"Louis and Taylor sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S..."  despite the chaos, I knew that was Harry.  Oh, gosh I feel bad for Taylor.

She was sitting on the couch, blushing.  "Maybe we should go," I said sheepishly.  "There's only so much of the boys you can take at one time," I continued, shooting daggers at Harry.  He shrugged.  Taylor smiled and got up. 

"It was really nice meeting you all," she said in her lovely voice.  "I hope I can come back soon!"

When we were outside, I decided to take her to a little pond near our flat... but not too near.  When we got there, I showed her my favorite spot to sit where we could wade our feet.  She took off her shoes so she could do so.

Taylor's POV

The feeling of the cool, soft-moving water on my feet felt wonderful.  We sat in silence for a few minutes when Louis said, "So... Jake didn't sound like such a great boyfriend.  Wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head, but when I saw his concerned face, I decided I would.

"It was January.  I'd just filled up my car when I saw him pull up.  I had this gut feeling, 'Taylor, don't go near him, don't.' But I did anyways.  I should've listened.  It was cold that day, obviously, and when I went over to his car I realized I had left my coat in mine.  But I kept going.  He was... cocky.  'Hello, Taylor.  I supposed you'd like to go out on a date with me.'

"'No, I wouldn't,' I told him.  But I did anyways.

"And throughout the relationship, we just kept breaking up and getting back together."  I told him about the breaking point of our relationship.  He just shook his head.

"Wow.  What a jerk."

"Yeah," I said, giggling at Louis' sincere kindness.

"I love that song."

"You.. you do?"

"Yeah.. it's great.  Especially, here's this girl going from singing Tim McGraw to recording a song with him.  Pretty amazing."

"Yeah, I suppose so!  I never thought of that.  Thanks, Louis."

"No problem."  We sat a bit, as I wiggled my toes in the water.  "So..." he said. "Do you wanna go out again?"

"Sure," I said.  "Your choice of where."

And with that, he took me home.  What a lovely night.