Epilogue

“You’re being unreasonable,” I complained for the fiftieth time. 

Athena shook her head. “I am not! You need to be home before midnight. I must make sure you two aren’t doing anything… pre-mature.”

I rolled my eyes. “We go through this every week Mom. It’s just dinner at his parent’s house. Logan will drop me off before midnight like he always does. I thought you like him?” 

“He’s a nice boy,” my mother admitted.

I nodded. “Right, so what is your problem with Logan?”

Athena sighed. “I get worried about you.”

I car horn honked outside my house and I looked toward my door longingly.

“Go,” my mother said. “Have fun, be good, use your manners, and all that stuff.”

I gave my mother a quick kiss on her cheek before saying a quick goodbye and running out the door. I heard her follow behind me and I knew she would be watching from the front doorway.

Logan was standing outside of Harry’s cab, the door already open for me.

I gave him a quick hug as I approached him and murmured, “Let’s get out of here.”

Logan ignored my request as he waved to my mother. “Afternoon Lady Athena.”

She nodded toward him respectfully and kept her unnerving gaze on us. I didn’t waste any time with getting in the car and encouraging Logan to do the same thing. He got the hint and joined me in the backseat of Harry’s cab.

“Hello Harry,” I greeted. “Peyton’s place please.”

“Yes ma’am,” Harry said tipping his hat to me just as Logan shut the door. I waved to my mother from inside the car unsure if she could see me or not. As soon as the cab started moving as my house was out of sight, I leaned back in my seat and let out a breath of relief.

“Did you tell her yet?”

I glanced at him apologetically. “Of course not.”

Logan seemed hurt. “Why not? Didn’t we decide that this was a good idea weeks ago?”

“It would hurt her too much,” I protested. “Things are now getting back to normal. I can’t go and screw everything up again. I mean, the gods are just now starting to come around.”

Logan crossed his arms over his chest looking and sounding like a child. “If you didn’t want to move in with you me then you could have simply said so.”

I tore one of Logan’s hands away from his tensed up position and held it soothingly.

“I want to,” I tried to say convincingly. “I really do but you know my mother and you know how hard everything has been for her lately. I can’t just go and screw up her life again.”

“What about your life?” Logan countered.

“I’m not going anywhere,” I answered. “And as far as I know, neither are you. We’ve got time, so let’s just relax and focus on right now. You’re going after your degree anyway so let’s not worry about it.”

It had been a few months since Logan asked me to be his girlfriend for real. My mother still didn’t allow me to go back to school and when given the option I wouldn’t chose to go back. I missed all my friends from there but really, I only wanted the social experience. I believed I achieved that and more. Logan was still going to school there though and would visit me regularly at my house in Olympus. He made my days a lot better.