19 - Mind Tapping

"It is said that because of Persephone and her mother, we now have the seasons," my mythology professor droned on. I don't know how anyone in this class stayed awake or paid attention. 

My head was down my desk facing away from Logan who sat to my right and I tried hard to keep my eyes open. It was just so hard. This professor's voice was so monotone that we might as well of been listening to a recording.

Thanksgiving had passed and Christmas was quickly approaching. I couldn't walk very far around campus without seeing some kind of red or green decoration. Well, unless you went down the Kwanzaa or Hanukah hallways in which case, there were those colors everywhere.

The reporter, Cassandra, hasn't bothered me since the bash and Peyton kept trying to reassure me that I shouldn't freak out about it. The thing was though that whenever I was alone in my apartment, I didn't feel alone. It was like someone was around lurking in the shadows and I had grown a little paranoid. I knew that Polias was around and I awoke every morning to that stupid birds low coos.

Other than that, the weather has gotten much colder which kind of sucked though it was the first time I had ever seen snow. The sad thing was that I couldn't share my excitement since I had supposedly grown up around here.

"Don't forget class, you have a quiz coming up on Greek and Roman compatibility. Remember: they are different. Know how and why! Be prepared and study up!" My professor summed up his lecture. I lifted my head up quickly wiping my mouth in case of drool and started to gather my things up.

"Ready for the quiz?" Logan asked mimicking my actions and putting his own things back into his bag.

I shrugged trying not to be over confident. "Ready as I'll ever be. What about you?"

"Same," he mumbled while yawning. I knew I wasn't the only one who thought this class was boring. The professor formally excused all of us and Logan and I made our exit.

I passed by Jason on my way toward the door and gave him a wave which he returned without hesitation. Outside in the hallway, Logan walked next to me with one hand in his pocket and the other holding his bag on his shoulder. He walked stiffly like he was waiting for something to happen so he could spring into action.

"Are you friends with that guy?"

"That guy has a name," I pointed out playfully. "His name is Jason and yeah I would say we're friends. He's my neighbor."

Logan kept a serious expression causing me to drop my smile. "I told you I don't like that guy."

"I know." I furrowed my eyebrows. "So what?"

"So?" Logan stopped walking and looked at me unbelievably. "I said you should stay away from him."

Was he seriously about to start a fight over this? "Logan, I've been here for about a month and half now. I've known Jason the entire time and he isn't bad. I think I can make my own judgments on my friends."

"He's bad company Vee," Logan said purposely using my name.

I rolled my eyes. "You're stereotyping him because of the people he hangs out with."

"I am not," Logan defended taking offense. "I know he's just like the pot smokers and drinkers he hangs out with."

I sighed putting my hands on my hips. "Look either you're stereotyping or you're jealous?"

Logan opened his mouth but only a few stuttered words came out. I internally smiled happy that I got him to shut up when I heard him think, 'Well, shit.'

"Okay, you're right. I'm stereotyping." Logan muttered bitterly.  I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again and turned away to continue walking to meet up with his friends.