Battle #12: Vladislav "Vladdy" Namestnikov vs James van Riemsdyk

In the parking lot across from the United Center,

Vladislav Namestnikov (Vlad or Vladdy) faced his villain opponent, James van Riemsdyk (JVR), straddling one of the white chalked lines etched into the cement. The Maple Leaf was glowering at him, his eyes suddenly flashed a beady black color. He wore a Toronto Maple Leaf blue outfit with a dark jet black cape behind him, while the Lightning forward wore a black outfit with royal blue outlines and a silver spiral etched into the chest. He also had on matching black and blue boots with it. Vladdy kept his cool and stood his ground; his arrogance was too much for him to be scared and he wasn't known to back down.

"So those are your powers JVR? You can change your eye color...that's cute?" Vladdy scoffed, laughing to himself.

JVR shook his head and raised his hands up, producing black mist from his hands. He waved them in a rainbow-like motion and instantly they were surrounded by darkness. A thick black canopy that made Vladdy feel uncomfortable all of the sudden covered the lot and plunged them into absolute darkness.

"Umbrakinesis, Vladdy dear. You're not scared of the dark are you?" JVR sneered.

"No..." the Tampa Bay forward choked out, attempting to disguise his fear. Truth was, when he was growing up...and he hated to admit it...but he was scared of the dark. And actually, the phobia had stayed with him. He always slept with a night light or had a light on. He hated to be scared like some little child but he was and though he played a tough guy on the ice, deep inside he was terrified of the night and its terrible darkness.

He couldn't see a thing, so Vladdy just closed his eyes, raised his hands up and calmed his racing heart. He focused all of his energy inside of him and blasted a red beam of concentrated plasma out of his chest and hands. It shot across and lit up the darkness that encompassed him. However, it hadn't hit JVR, who had moved and was snickering wickedly.

"Hold still, so I can blast you dammit!" Vladdy cried, snapping his eyes open finally and braving the darkness.

"Now why would I hold still for you Vladdy baby?!"

Vlad spun around, trying to locate JVR. Instead he got distracted and didn't realize it until too late that black mist had wrapped around his arms and legs like binding ropes. Vlad looked down and began to struggle, trying to get free. He snapped his head up and came face-to-face with the Leaf. Vlad gasped in shock and watched the forward smirk evilly. JVR rounded the Lightning player, who grunted in distress and worked the darkness binding around him.

"How about you hold still Vladdy?" JVR snickered.

"Never! Let me go, so we can fight fairly!" the Russian centerman snapped.

"Oh, this isn't fair enough for you? I mean you kind of egged me on and seemed ready to fight earlier...I mean these are my powers Namesy Boy. You shouldn't egg people on you can't handle!"

"You're fricking tying me up with your stupid powers! How the hell can I fight back if I'm restrained?!" Vladdy spat. "Tell me how that is fair?!" All of his fear for the dark was gone, he was infuriated now and it was fueling his powers. In any second, he'd explode and wreak chaos.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are villain's supposed to play fairly? I was under the impression that I CAN tie arrogant little Russian Lightning players up...strange."

Vladdy screamed and glowed red. JVR stepped back as the misty bondage dissolved off of the hero. He smirked as Vlad began to twist his body around like he was hula-hooping. He moved his hips in a way that would make a dancer jealous.

Then bright orangish-red solar rings looped around him and shot off one-by-one at the villain. One landed at JVR's feet, bursting into sparks. Another sliced through one of the lampposts in the lot. The top toppled over and crashed to the ground with a loud bang. More sparks came from that.