YTTD - Chapter 12

It was a Saturday when I woke up this morning, blinking lazily at the surroundings. With a big yawn, I stretched my body before climbing out of my warm sheets.  The weather was starting to get slightly chilly as Fall came closer and closer by the day, but it was still warm enough for my summer clothes to still be in use. After fixing myself looking into a more decent human being, I made my way downstairs, dressed in loose shorts and a big t-shirt that probably belonged to my dad from way back. I heard some kind of  ruckus being made in the kitchen and made my way to investigate. Arriving at the scene, I saw Addison standing by the stove, seeming to cook something in concentration. My eyebrows raised at the sight, not because of the mess, but her working at all. 

    "What are you doing?" I asked slowly and crossed my arms. 

She jumped at the sound of my voice and turned around in surprise with wide eyes, "Allie!" she exclaimed, "You're awake..?" she said with a small, nervous smile and stood in front of the stove. 

My eyes narrowed in slight suspicion, "Yes?" I replied with a question. 

    "I-I was just expecting you to be up a little later, like usual," she said with a nervous chuckle. 

    "What are you hiding?" I asked. 

    "Nothing, why would you think that?" Addison widened her eyes slightly.

    "Addison, I'm not stupid," I stated.

She bit her lip and glanced behind her, before perking up slightly and walked towards me with a motive shining in her eyes. "Yeah, you're right, you're not stupid. But I will let you know what i'm hiding if you come back down in 10 minutes," she promised with a full blown grin, as I was taken aback from her unusual mood and personality. 

    "O-okay?" I said unsure, as she turned me around and shooed me out of the kitchen. 

    "10 minutes!" She called after me, before the door of the kitchen was shut close, and I looked baffled around me. 

Thinking there must have been something strange in her food this morning, I shook my head and walked towards the living room and heard the happy puffs that Sirius made. He was laying down on the carpeted floor and paid attention to the TV, which had Animal Planet turned on. Addison must have done it for him. Now I was very suspicious. She never usually took care of Sirius and left everything to me most of the times. 

Sitting down on the couch, I loudly patted the spot next to me and attracted his attention. He stood up and jumped up next to me, before making himself comfortable and put his head on my lap with a small whine. Letting out a small chuckle, I scratched behind his ear and paid attention to the show on the screen: Dogs 101. 

    "Don't you think Addison is being very strange?" I mumbled to Sirius and glanced down at him, to see his ears flattened back. "Maybe it's just me," I replied to myself in thought. 

The sound of loud knocking woke me up from my thoughts, and before I even had the chance to stand up, the door swung open with two familiar voices echoing from around the corner. 

    "Yo, anybody home?!" Lily hollered. 

I rolled my eyes, "In the living room," I replied, "No need to shout."

Grace came in first with two shopping bags hanging in the crook of her arm, and Lily followed with only one, but a lot bigger. Cautiously, I gently moved away from Sirius, who just let his head rest on a pillow instead, and continued to be absorbed with the dogs on the television. 

My eyes narrowed at them and down to the bags, "What are those?" I demanded. 

    "They're bags!" Lily replied enthusiastically. 

    "They're gift bags," I corrected her and crossed my arms. 

    "We know that," she smirked. 

    "Why do you have gift bags in my house?"

Grace let out a sigh and raised an eyebrow, "Don't be stupid, Allie. You know why."

    "But we promised each other!" I complained with a small whine. 

Lily made a disagreeing sound in the back of her throat. "Truthfully, you promised, not us. I ain't someone to not buy my best friend a gift on her birthday," she told me seriously. 

    "You know I don't like gifts!" I protested again. 

   "Too bad, we've already paid, so here you go," Grace smirked and handed me the bags along with Lily. I reluctantly took them with a grimace. 

    "Come on then, open them!" Lily nudged me impatiently, as I sighed and sat down on the couch with the three gift bags. 

Hesitantly opening the first one, I stuck my hand inside all the paper that was sticking out and felt something in a square shape, before pulling it out. My eyes widened in surprise at the thick album in my hands. 

    "Grace...How did you?" the words were lost in my mouth as I stared at the K-pop album of my favorite band on it. 

She grinned in reply, "I know how much you love them and never shut up about it, I preordered it a while back and it luckily came on time."

    "Thank you," I said and hugged her tightly. 

    "Don't thank me yet, there's still one gift left," Grace smiled and placed the album back in the bag and handed me the last one. 

After the album, I was slightly anticipating this one, despite my lack of liking to gifts and people spending money on me. Doing the same thing at the other, I quickly identified the shape as a book and took it out. It was the last one of my Percy Jackson series. Again after another thank you, I moved on to Lily's gift, who had been sitting on my other side and tapping her foot impatiently. 

    "My turn!" She sang and pretty much shoved it in my arms. 

I could already tell that it was some kind of clothing and took it out. At first sight, I thought it was a normal, black sweater with some white designs on it. But as I looked closer, I noticed it was a sweater with my favorite member's name on it from the K-pop group. 

    "Did you guys plan this?" I finally asked them with a smile. 

    "Great minds think alike, you know," Lily winked and I laughed before pulling her into a tight hug as well.

    "Thank you so much guys! You don't know how much I love them," I said grinning, and watched as both of them high-fived at their success. 

"HAPPY 18'th BIRTHDAY, ALLIE!" They both yelled in chorus as I winced and covered my ears with a laugh at their dorkiness. 

It was at that moment the door to the kitchen opened again and a wonderful smell filled my nose. Addison stood in the doorway, an apron on and a grin sporting on her face. 

    "You can come in now!" She said excited and all three of us shared looks before standing up and making our way inside. 

What met me was surprising for sure. 

She must have used the extra time from when Lily and Grace arrived, and had hung a large letter across the room, spelling HAPPY B-DAY. The table in front of us was filled with bacon, eggs, toasts, pancakes, waffles and potatoes. It was all decorated nicely. 

My mouth had fallen open as I took in the sight and turned to my little sister. "Did you do all this?" I asked her in disbelief. 

She nodded with a grin, "Happy birthday, Allie."

I released a breathless laugh and hugged her, as Lily and Grace had made themselves comfortable on the kitchen table and chatted together. 

Pulling away, I looked down at Addison with a smirk, before ruffling her hair as she whined and tried to fix it. "You know kid, you're not that bad," I teased her, as she rolled her eyes nudged me back and we made our way to sit down and eat breakfast together. 

________________________________

So in a way, this is a filler chapter, and the next one will come out today as well! So don't worry!