Chapter 20: Winning

Ethan

_______________________________________________________________________

"That plan is fucking genius!" Matt says, slamming his locker shut. "It's perfect, absolutely perfect," he puts his arm around my neck steering me away from the crowd. "You will do this!" He orders. "You will go, run if you have to, find Rhiannon and tell her yes."

"It's not that simple," Aaron chimes in.

Matt stops walking.

"Yes it is!" He roars. So much for not attracting attention. "Let me break it down for you guys." Aaron and I look up at him, our faces in deep concern. "Ethan fake dates Rhiannon. Rhiannon gets Ethan to all the cool parties and introduce him to all the cool people. People who are girls, girls that I want. So really my friends, it all boils down to me__." At that moment Mimi Cox walks by, wearing a super low cut V-neck and a secret smile only meant for Matt.

"Ummmmmmmm," he says drawing out the M. "I'll see you guys later." And with that he quickly takes off after her.

"This is exactly who you don't want to become," Aaron says shaking his head. You don't want to become a sad little puppy, always chasing girls around, man."

I want to tell him that I'm already a sad little puppy. All I seem to be doing these days is following girls around like a bitch on a leash. This is one of the reasons why I've considered Rhiannon's plan. If all goes like she says, I will have girls flocking around me at all times without me having to find or follow them.

"What are you thinking, man?" Aaron asks. "Is this going to happen or not?"

"I don't know?" I say and honestly I don't. It's not that Rhiannon's plan is not appealing. There are just a few serious factors to consider when the girl of your dreams wants to basically use you to make their ex jealous, while also offering her help to get you any girl or girls you want because you've never been blessed in that department throughout your whole life.

Here are the following concerns that have been swimming through my mind over the weekend after telling her that I'd think about it.

a- Brandon. He's kicked my ass once before and I think this will give him ample reasons to do it again.

b- Kylie. She's very pretty and nice and smart but...I don't see myself with her.

c- Rhiannon. I like her very much so you can imagine how hard it will be for me to even remotely pretend I like the idea of her and Brendon together.

d- The "girls". Even if I did go along with Rhiannon's plan, I'm not so sure she possesses enough power to persuade the girls of our school to see me as an object of affection after years of being ignored and ridiculed.

"We need a little one-on one," Aaron says. "Step into my office."

His "office" is Mr. Lynch's empty Trig class. The first bell hasn't rung yet so I guess we can get away with sneaking into an empty class for what Aaron calls a "little one-on-one."

Aaron places his book bag on the floor, sitting right on top of Mr. Lynch's desk and ordering me to sit in the desk in front of him. I know what's coming; I can almost see the words mangling in his brain ready to surge in my direction. Ladies and gentleman this going to be another episode of Wise Words by Aaron Rivers. I have to sit back on the desk for this one.

"Let's do a little basic math," he says. I have to chuckle at his little pun. "You plus Rhiannon plus the plan equals catastrophe."

"Okay," I say waiting for him to get to the point while looking at him equivocally. "Where are you taking this?"