Chapter 4

--------------Caroline's P.O.V.-----------

It's 6 in the morning but I just couldn't sleep, so I decided to go downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee.

I sat down on the chair in the kitchen, drinking my coffee and started to think... I should figure out if I love Klaus or not, I just couldn't stand sitting here and struggling, I needed an answer. So, I grabbed my leather jacket and went to see Klaus...

I arrived at Klaus' house. "Klaus! I need to talk to you! Come out here!" I yelled. But there's no answer...

I went upstairs to search for him, I went to his bedroom, his personal office... He's not there. But then I heard some weird sound. I went to the place where the weird sound was...

It was Klaus....

He's got his headphone on so he couldn't hear me just now... He's mixing colors and sitting in front of a big painting... I slowly walked towards him without letting him know.... Then I saw the painting clearly.... The girl in the painting was me.

I toke the headphone off Klaus' head and then he realized I was here. "Caroline! What are you doing here?" He asked and trying to hide what he's painting, looking like he's shy to let me know he's painting me. "I... I need to talk to you... To figure out what I truly want!" I continued, "why are you painting me?"

"Well, I confessed my feelings to you yesterday... I just can't stop thinking about you very single day! Caroline, you are my everything... I love you and I always will do..." He said in a soft voice. I felt like my heart just melted. "Just to let you know... I broke up with Tyler. He thought I love you." I said. "And do you? Do you love me?" He said looking at me for an answer. "I don't know, that's why I came here to figure it out."

"Let me help you then." He said and he went towards me and kissed me on the lips. He put one of his hands on my neck to deepen the kiss and another hand on my waist. I didn't reject him. I put both of my arms around his neck and we kissed passionately. My heart was racing, I... I felt like I'm human again...

We pulled back a little bit and Klaus smiled at me only inches away from my face. "So, you have your answer now..." "No, I can't love you, after all the bad things you've done, I can't love you!" I was trying to escape from reality... That I love Klaus, the one and only person who everyone hated. But I couldn't, after him confessing to me, did drawings of me, showing me the good and soft side of him... I felt deeply in love.

I lose control and kissed Klaus again...

---------------Later the day---------------

"So, what are we now?" Klaus asked me wrapping his arm around my waist from my back. I smiled and felt warm. "Just one of those stupid people who fell in love with each other." I replied. So now, something I've never expected happened, I'm in love with my enemy...

My phone suddenly buzzed... It was Elena!

"Hey Caroline! Where are you? Today's the prom and you are not here to help set up? What's wrong with you." Asked Elena fiercely. "Oh my god, today's the prom! I've totally forgotten about that. I'm sorry, I will come here ASAP!" I quickly answered and Klaus looked at me and asked, "So you're in a hurry! Is there anything I can help you?" And then I thought deeply, yes I needed help! I was supposed to pick up my dress yesterday but because of all the problems I forgot! Now I didn't have a pretty dress for my prom... Then I thought of Klaus' offer.

"Do you have any dress for me to the prom? I need one so badly but not just any other dress. I need to be hot! It's my senior prom and a memorable day..." "There's certainly a dress that suits you a lot!" And Klaus grabbed my hand to a room to pick a dress....

---------------Elena'a P.O.V.-------------

So I waited and waited, where's Caroline! I looked at my watch and I saw Damon. "There you are my beautiful princess." He said with a smile. And then I felt a little relaxed now. "Wow, so you can be a model when you wear a tux..." I said looking at his outfit. "Of course, I'm your date today, I need to be good enough for you to your most important prom ever." He's just melted me. And then, I could finally see Caroline....

"Where have you been?" I asked. "I'm sorry, there's a lot to deal with lately..." She answered. And then I looked at her beautiful dress. It's the most beautiful dress I've ever seen in my life. "That's a pretty dress Caroline! You look stunning, but as I remembered, this isn't the one you bought right?" I asked. "Yeah, this is a special dress from my special date tonight." She answered with a smile.

"So, Tyler's coming tonight? Don't you afraid that Klaus will come after him?" I asked. Then, She started giggling. "I broke up with Tyler, he left town. And Klaus is not going kill him. Let me introduce my date to you." She stepped away and I saw Klaus standing in front of me.

"Klaus? What do you want! I'm not gonna be your blood bag anymore!" I shouted. And Damon heard me and ran over here to protect me. "Relax Elena, I'm not here to hurt you or anyone else... I'm here because I am Caroline's date tonight." He said. I was shocked, I looked at Damon and Damon asked, "Hey, Barbie, you two are together now? Are you out of your mind!"

" I know it sounds crazy but yes, I'm in love! Give him a chance to prove himself that he's not hurting you guys please? For me?" She begged. Then Klaus immediately said, "It's true Elena, I won't hurt you anymore, I no longer need hybrids. I have Caroline now, she's my everything, she completed me.... I don't need hybrids to accompany me anymore..."

"Listen, I will give you a chance, but if you try to hurt anyone again, I swear I will kill you!" Shouted Damon. "You have my word." Klaus said.

"Well, that's great! We no longer have an enemy now. So, lets just do what we should do in a prom now. Lets dance!" I said and Damon pulled me in the middle of the ballroom and we danced along with the music. I saw Klaus and Caroline dancing too, they looked happy, I'm glad that they found each other, they actually looked really cute together. I realised tht Klaus had completely changed to another person...a good one. And Bonnie was dancing with my brother Jeremy, guessed that they were into each other.

And the soft music continued to play, and there borned three new pairs of lovers in the magical night...