Chapter 23

Grace pouts, as she finishes typing her resignation letter and sends it to her school. After everything that happened, it was better if she did not go back as it will not just put her in harms way but the whole school as well.

Moreover, she is proud to say this idea was hers alone and not Nicholas's, even if he had a smug smile on his face when she announced it to him.

Nonetheless, now she was officially unemployed living off her husband's money.

"What are you thinking?" Nicholas's voice makes her look away from the laptop.

"Thinking of ways to make you broke, as of now I am officially with a job and you need to take good care of me...

So, work hard" she grins getting up from her chair and walking towards where he is.

"You know I will take good care of you" he smiles with a sigh as she straddles him.

"Still, how do you feel about having a wife who will live off your money?" she asks playing with his hair.

"Delighted" he smiles.

"So, is Vicky out of the asylum?" she asks on a more serious note.

"Yes, she is safe and sound in her home" he states straight.

"Good, so why are we going back to your grandfather's again?" she asks as they just got a call this morning from their Pop asking all of them to come back as soon as they can.

"The obvious, he isn't happy about Nicole's accident and thinks I am slacking on my duties as her brother now that I have a wife"

"That's not true," she protests but he just laughs it off.

"Are you sure, wife?" he asks teasingly while she frowns.

"Anyway, we are going there so we can attend Nicole's engagement, actually" he informs, Grace stiffens with that news.

"Engagement?" she asks shocked.

"Yes, even if I want to keep her by my side I cannot. Sooner or later she will have to get married and make someone happy" he smiles as he rolls on his chair with her on his lap.

"But, with whom?" she asks trying to get as much info as she can.

"Family friend" he states which brings a frown in her eyes again.

"A mafia friend" she whispers the words.

"I am sure he will keep her happy" he smiles trying to ease her.

"Does she know about this?" she asks scared.

"Why don't you go ahead and pack for few days?" he asks patting her hip.

"She doesn't know about all of this right? Nicholas, you should tell her before we leave, what if..."

"Hey, she will be fine; we all know how it works. Pop, he knows what he is doing; he will not just marry her with anyone just for the sake of marriage...

Look, how we turned out" he tries to assure her but she shakes her head.

"You need to tell her before we leave Nicholas; she may not be ready for this whole thing. She may have someone she likes," she stresses about it.

"Did she tell you anything about someone?" Nicholas asks her serious all of a sudden.

"I mean..." Grace hesitates not wanting to lie or even tell the truth, which was not hers to tell.

"You are worrying for nothing, she will be just fine, look at us, even if we didn't have a good start, we are getting good right?" he smiles before helping her out of his lap.