Chapter 20

Nicholas stares at the screen of his laptop deep in his thoughts; it has been two days since he left Grace at Kathleen's house even if every bone in his body was arguing with him not to.

However, he knew he had to, this was too much for her, he can understand, this was too much even for him after all. If only the situation did not call for him to do, what he is doing.

How he wishes things were different everyday, but he is trying to make a difference slowly but certainly.

Being one of the few remaining mafia families around was not something to dismiss easily. Someone is there to drag him constantly into things he did not want to do, even if he wants to do nothing about the things around him he has to stick up for his family.

His family was one of the few of the oldest mafia families standing right now, things were different now at least from the days back when his great-grandfather or grandfather ruled.

Now, it has become more of a dangerous play. He was not the one cut out for this job from the start.

If that day nine years ago did not had happened, taking Damien's life than he would right now, be a normal man and not be the face of the Price family.

This was rightfully Damien's place; he was just a substitute for his cousin, someone who had to step in to take the place when no one was up for the job not even Damon.

The day he said yes and took Damien's place was the day he found he was already engaged to someone, a girl named Grace Carlos.

*******

It was more than necessary for him to know about the girl as he was taking the role of his cousin, dealing with things on going. Her safety was his first priority, he did not have any other way but to go and seek her, so he can bring her back to his home where he knew he could have looked after her a lot easier than where she was staying at the time.

Too bad her mother and stepfather were not thinking between those lines and they downright refused for him to be anywhere, near her.

He wouldn't have to stay away but he did as Grace's mother went berserk pulling out a knife on him but when he didn't back down she pointed it to her neck and that wasn't how he wanted it to be done.

Therefore, he had stayed away so her mother would not do anything crazier; Grace's mother was one scary Lady. He could not blame her anyway, who would easily give their only daughter to some man she never met also he knows he is not the most good-looking man around.

He weighted 250 pounds for goodness sake, even if Damien was trying to make him work on his weight he was lacking that motivation he needed to seriously workout. He would run to the kitchen as soon as he finished his daily routine with Damien and eat everything there was.

However, one Damien was gone, he had no other choice but to take his place and be fit and fine, the man who could meet the name, face and body behind the Price.

Arson took Damien's place and within few months, he burned all those calories and became who he is now. The reason why people feared his name was due to the fact, Price men were ruthless but not so much him.

For half of his life all he could think was about was food and nothing else, he had money and everything after all, but once he took the responsibility of his family's business, he found there were things to do to be able to buy those foods.

Moreover, when he did that, he was a new man, girls around, started noticing him and being the name and face of the family he got looks and interest from women who never gave him a glance before.

Therefore, he did what every hot-blooded male would have done he enjoyed the attention. Even if he never was in a serious relation with any girl, he will not deny the fact he was sexually active.