What Changed Cassie Gates? - Chapter 6 - The Stare

Hey,

Things are getting a bit more interesting now between Casey and Dave.

I hope you like it :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6 - The Stare

“Wow you’re actually on time today then?” Dave said looking at his watch.

“Early, actually.” I grinned.

“So you made it past your Mom again then?” He said looking me up and down.

“Stop checking me out!” I whacked him arm. “And yes I did sneak past her, but it was way to close. She nearly saw me again. In fact I think that she did see me leave. I can’t sneak around like this anymore, she’s going to find out and when she does –”

“All hell will break loose?”

“Pretty much. So if you can think of a way to fix the problem, please enlighten me.”

"You could always go back to being Cassie?"

"You're joking right?" I raised my eyebrows.

“Well, I do have one serious idea.” Dave said tentatively while pushing back his hair.

“What is it?” I frowned.

“I don’t know about it though, it might be a bit weird.” He said avoiding my eyes.

“Just tell me! Come on, you know that it’s hard to shock me.”

“Alright, if you insist. Erm… If you’re cool with it, you could leave all of your Casey clothes and stuff here and just come here everyday before school to get ready, or whatever.” He looked so awkward saying it, but I have no idea why. Dave was awkward in the most random situations sometimes.

“Weird? Its perfect!” I threw my arms around him and he hugged me back stiffly. Why was he always so awkward when he hugged me, but not when he was tickling me? “How would that be awkward? Unless you walk in on me in while I'm getting dressed.” I teased and laughed. Dave laughed kind of nervously. He wasn’t into kinky jokes, or kinky jokes whenever I told them at least. “So is it cool if I bring some of my stuff over after the mall?”

“Yeah, alright, you can use the guest room.”

“Your house is going to be like my second home.” I grinned.

“It already kind of is.” He smiled, as the awkwardness passed.

“Yeah, actually, I think I probably spend more time here than I do my own home anyway.”

“Probably. It’s because you just can’t stay away from me.” He winked.

“Right…” I was expecting a comeback, but instead he changed the subject.

“So Casey, I cant believe you’re bailing on me again.” Dave said, while leaning against the back wall of his garage.

“Hey, I texted you last night.” I protested.

“Yeah I know you did.”

“So why didn’t you text me back?”

“I was mad with you, and I still am.” He crossed his arms and frowned.

“What? Come on. You know that this is just a part of the plan and I thought that you didn’t want me to get distracted anyway.”

“Yeah, but you can get distracted by me…” He muttered.