Now He's a Superstar

Sk8er Boi

I woke up this morning and realized what day it was. I took extra time to wash my hair and do my make up to utter perfection. I threw on a boatneck cashmere sweater that fit slightly off the shoulder over my sky blue tank top with a pair of washed skinny jeans with some pre-cut holes in them.

"Harley! Amanda is here!" my mom calls up the stairs. I take a brush through my dark hair and throw on a pair of ballerina flats. I shoot a quick glance in my mirror to see my reflection before running down the steps. I grab my purse off the table and kiss my mom and Brenna goodbye.

"Thank you, Mandy." I say quietly, as I get into the car.

"I have something to say." Mandy announces, giving me a nervous glance.

"Okay, what is it?" at this point, I'm ready for just about anything she has to throw at me.

"I'm really sorry that we, Felicia and I, didn't support you when you liked the Sk8er Boi. I knew how much he meant to you." she says. I can see the sincerity in her eyes. Although I had forgiven her for this already, hearing her apologize and admitting she was wrong was a very nice change.

"Good. Because I want him back, Mandy. I can't stand seeing him with that whore." I say with a slightly dark tone as I think about the ice cold Barbie.

She smiles. "I knew you would say that."

Next, we pick up Felicia and then we're on our way to Ryan's concert. As we found a parking space, I realized how unprepared I was. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. What was I going to do? Charge up on the stage during one of the songs and declare my love for him?

"Mandy, I can't do this." I murmured, eyes wide.

"Why not?" she demands.

"Well, first off, he'll never take me back. Not when he has her. Second off, I didn't think this through. What are we going to do?"

Mandy pulls a sly smile. "Luckily for you, I've thought of everything. I bought the three of us backstage passes. You'll be able to talk to him as soon as the show is over."

"You're a life saver." I breathe.

"I know." she says smugly. We walk in together and show the guy our VIP tickets and he tells us where to go. There's a group of fangirls already back stage, so it's very easy to know where we sit.

That's when I see her. Melissa is walking towards us with a big grin on her face. "Hello! I'm Ryan's girlfriend and I'm so glad that all of you managed to make it. It means a lot to Ryan to have fans that support him so much." her eyes sweep over all of us, and I see a flash of recognition in her eyes when she sees me.

"You'll get a chance to speak, ask questions, get pictures, and autographs after the show is over. Until then, sit back and relax and enjoy." she says sweetly before walking off.

"Is that his dressing room?" I whisper to Mandy and she looks where I'm pointing.

"I think so..." she says and sure enough, Melissa walks out a moment later looking extremely pleased with herself and applying more lipgloss.

"I want to talk to him." I say.

"I don't think we're allowed to do that."

"I don't think I care." I retort. I look up at the security man. "Excuse me, may I please go to the bathroom?" I ask politely. He nods and points me in the right direction which is in perfect alignment with where I have to go. I thank him and start walking. I hide around the corner and hear Mandy start flirting. I didn't know if it would work. But a few seconds later, he offers to walk her to the snack bar and go buy a drink. I round the corner slowly just in case there's more security, but I don't see any.