Romeo is Throwing Pebbles. Cliche, Right?

I looked at my ceiling, getting absolutely nothing done. My phone vibrated; it was telling me I had a text message. But I made no move to answer it. I made no move to do anything. My hair cascaded in a wave around me and my face turned toward the open window. The moon's luminescence casting a shadow over one side of my face. A stray breeze blew lightly over my face, moving the curtain with it. My phone vibrated again. I knew I should stop being so ridiculous but I couldn't make myself move to even pick up the phone, let alone answer the message. I sighed as I argued with myself. Finally I darted up and snatched my phone from the nightstand before I could change my decision. It vibrated again in my hand. Three text messages from Ryan. Oh my God. I let out a huff and slid open my phone.

Hey, Harley. I miss you. Please stop avoiding me.

Can you at least answer my text?

What did I even do?

Two very good questions. Could I answer his texts? Yeah, of course I could... That didn't mean I would. Second question, what did he do wrong? Nothing, he had done nothing wrong. I was just being a bitch and I knew it. I had put my skateboard in the back of my closet where I normally didn't bother with anything. I took up ballet again. Amanda and Felicia were my friends again. I was everything girly but it didn't feel the same now. Because I had done exactly what I said I would never do. I fell in love with the skater boy. I put earphones in my iPod and turned up the volume. I hit shuffle.

Unfaithful by Rihanna. I hit the skip button.

Love Story by Taylor Swift. I growled in frustration. I clicked the skip button again.

You want to know what song came on? Do you?

Freaking Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne.

"God damn it!" I said and tossed my iPod to the side. Just then I heard a noise. It repeated. It sounded like- there it was again. A maybe, a pebble? I glared at my window. I walked over and glared down. Ryan. He was standing on the ground and holding a freaking wagon full of pebbles. My phone vibrated. I picked it up and looked.

I see you, :)

I roll my eyes and just text back,

You'll run out of pebbles eventually.

I wouldn't need pebbles if you'd answer me. :P I clucked my tongue.

Touche, :(

I didn't understand what he didn't get about I don't want to talk to you. It was kind of obvious, really. I didn't think I was making the message unclear. If I don't answer the text, I don't want to talk to you, obviously. What didn't he get about that? I sighed. I turned my phone off completely and stuck my tongue out at him before trying to get back to sleep. He rolled his eyes at me. Then I heard it again. Clink. Another pebble. The sound happened again and again. I rolled over and flipped the middle finger so I knew he could see it. I closed my window and walked down the steps in my pajamas. I was wearing a white nightgown. I walked out the back door and onto the terrace where he had been. When he saw me he allowed himself a smirk of accomplishment and I glared at him. "I was trying to sleep." I complain.

"You can spare a little time." he says nonchalantly. I just continue to glower at him.

"Okay, well you got me out here. What do you want?" I say, annoyance leaking into my voice.

"You know what, Har." he says.

"Harley, Ryan." I say.

"Okay, Harley, you know what I want." he says, exasperated.

"There's nothing to say. You didn't do anything. I don't want this anymore, I want my old life back." I say, coldly.

"You're a liar. You like me still, you know it."  he says matter-of-factly.

"No, I don't. I think I would know, Ryan. Just drop it. Please." I say, a little more harsh then necessary.

He looks hurt, I feel bad. But I can't say anything. He'll know it's true if I say sorry. "Please. Tell me what's wrong." he whispers.

I flounder for a reason that I haven't used yet. "Well, I can't make a living as a skater. I can do something with ballet. I need to have a good life. I can't just make it. I have to be able to pay bills and stuff like that. I want a house with a wrap around porch and a good family with kids and a good husband that will kiss me on the forehead when he comes home from work and say, I missed you. Even though he was only gone for a few hours. I want all that and I don't know if you'll be able to give me that. I more than want it, I need it like I need to breathe the air. I hope you find someone that's right for you. i just- I just don't think I'm her, Ryan. Good bye." my voice breaks at the end and I can feel my world crashing around me as I realize that I'm throwing away the one part of my life that was unique. The one part that my mom didn't introduce me too. He's looking at me like I'm the worst thing that ever happened to him. Like he wishes he had never met me. He takes the handle of his wagon of pebbles.

"Goodbye, Harley." he whispers.

He turns and he doesn't look back. Not once. I walk numbly back up to my room where there won't be anymore pebbles thrown at my window. No more text messages keeping me awake. The silence is pure torture. But there's not anything I can do about it. A single tear runs down my cheek silently as I slip into a dreamless, dark and lonely sleep.

A/N: Bahhh I know it's short, I'm SORRY guys! I hope you like it just the same though. Maybe I'll update sooner since I left you with such a short chapter. Thank you for reading it and I hope it wasn't too depressing. I need help, I don't know what you guys want. I don't know if I'm ending it like the song or if I'm doing an alternative ending. Please please please with cherries or whatever you like on top, help me!