Chapter 6: Meeting the King

I woke up and immediately got showered and dressed. Having daily showers again is amazing. Back at the orphanage since there was so many of us the girls and boys alternated days of showering. The only exception was if you had a date then you can shower before hand.

I got dressed in a lovely strapless sweetheart neckline number. It was a pale green and had a yellow sash around the waist just under the bust. From the sash down peacock feathers trailed down. They weren’t real just printed but it was pretty. If they had been real I doubt I would have liked it as much. I grabbed some yellow ballet flats to match the sash and I was good for the day.

I went onto the site which they had dubbed The Royal Love Games. I guess they over heard us some how and made that the title. Either that or it’s a case of ‘great minds think alike.’ I first set my Love-O-Meter. I thought about it and set mine up to seven. It says on here that 15 would be acquaintances, 30 would be friends, 60 would be crushing, 80 would be falling, and 100 is in love. I guess they decided that I had to be 100% in love with him for it to win.

Next I went over to Edvard’s page. He had apparently set his up to 30 now. That boy is falling hard for me. How can he? I give him nothing to love about me, I blame him for my parents death, I do all the moves that would make a guy hate you, and yet he’s falling for me? Its not possible.

I couldn’t spend another moment on that page so I went to the ‘Who Am I?’ poll. Nothing much has changed. Number 1 was now the famous pop star Marisel Thorn, two is Gold Digger, three is Princess Annaliesia, four is Lowly Orphan, and five is a Nobody.

I looked at random stuff online for a little while longer before going downstairs to breakfast. I had been going later so as to avoid any of the Royal family. I walked downstairs and to the opposite side of the room from the painting of Edvard and his parents. When I got there I eagerly sat down.

“I figured you were coming later.” Said a feminine voice from somewhere to my left. I looked in that direction and saw a head of black hair poke up from a seat. I continued to watch as teenage girl formed from the head of hair.

“Where did you come from?”

“Oh I was hiding under the table. Effective for both finally seeing you in person and avoiding my lessons.”

“Oh well good to meet you. I’m glad you aren’t that bad. I was worried you might be one of the Royals.”

“Why do you hate the Royals?” She asked looking authentically curious.

“They sent a spy to kill everyone in the Palace of Malcodenia Massacre. My parents were the last ones killed, before the King an Queen I mean. They refused to leave their side so I was told. They were very loyal to the crown.”

“So it seems. Although the Royal family did not send a spy out to kill your parents. They were trying to stop the war and seal the alliance through marriage. My brother even broke up with that heartless bitch just to seal the deal.”

“What do you mean your-Oh no. Get away from me, Veronica. You tricked me.”

“You never asked who I was. Therefore I never tricked you.”

“I-You-It-Gah! Forget it. Technicalities. I’m leaving. I’ve lost my appetite.”

“I’m sorry. I just figured that if you didn’t know and I didn’t flat out lie I could get you to like me enough to stay and be my best friend at least if not Edvard’s bride.”

“You don’t have a best friend? I find that hard to believe. Even the Princess Annaliesia had a best friend. Me.”

“All my friends are the servants. The other nobility despise me for my non-traditional ways.”