Chapter 3: The First Day of Being Kidnapped

I stayed in the bathroom for well over an hour. I already knew Edvard left shortly after I came in here, but I didn’t want to come out. I stared at my reflection for a while and fixed myself up to look part way decent. I stared at my reflection for a little while longer before I got so angry I broke the mirror.

The girl in the mirror no longer belonged in a castle. She lost that right long ago. It was stolen from her and no marriage would bring that back.

I sat on the floor in the shards of the shattered mirror for the rest of the time quietly sobbing to myself. I heard people come in and drop stuff off, but I didn’t come out. Edvard tried to get me to talk to him for about ten minutes after that before giving up. I knew I would have to pull myself together eventually if I was going to get myself out of here and run far away.

I eventually stood up and shook the shards of glass from my good dress. I never changed out of that after the parade. Miss Eldridge always said that when the Royal family came out you always had to dress your best. My dress was pretty to say the least. The bottom of the black and white picnic checkered dress rested against my mid thigh. It had no straps and a sweet heart neckline. Since it didn’t look to fancy on I put a black faux silk ribbon against my waist and tie it in the back.

I love this dress, but unfortunately it has to be burned now from being touched by the Evil Prince. I walked out of the bathroom to find all my belongings from the orphanage had been brought to the castle. I looked out the window and found that it looked over the entry way. From the palace you could see the home city sprawled out around the castle.

I looked over and could plainly see my old home. I could just barely make out the old circular window that I sat at not even 24 hours ago writing about how I hated the Royal family.

That sparked an interest inside me. I looked around the room and quickly found my laptop placed next to the pillows. I ran over to it and found a note on top.

“You may use it however you wish. You are right that you’re opinion is your opinion. You should be able to express it as you wish. From your Crown Prince, Edvard”

I reread the note five more times not fully believing what was written. I opened up the computer and found it had two tabs open on the Internet. One was my original blog. I clicked that first to find a new blog post that I hadn’t written along with fifty plus comments on my previous one from yesterday. I read the new blog post hoping to find nothing embarrassing.

“Hello Fellow Haters!

So somethings have changed a lot since yesterday go to the link below to follow my new blog on all my new misadventures on the change…I hope you will stick with me! I have so much to tell you all! Bye fellow haters.

Signed,

Miss Royally Uncaring.”

I can’t believe that. I looked at the post-it note that was on my screen and it said. “The other tab is the link. Have fun with your new blog my beautiful Victoria.”

“Not yours!” I yelled to the air around me. I clicked on the second tab and found a new blog and it was open to a new entry. I immediately started typing.

“Hello Fellow Haters!

So as I said a lot has changed in 24 hours. I know I’ve always said I will never reveal my identity to save myself from the Royals, but none of that matters I guess. So as you know you last saw me when Prince Edvard was ten feet away from my house steps. Well this is what happened after.

Apparently as I was posting this, he looked up at my window and noted that I wasn’t paying attention to him. He immediately jumped off his horse and ran into the orphanage. By now you should know who I am. I closed the computer and heard his voice along with the orphanage’s director coming up the stairs and I barely had time to hide in my closet. I heard them enter my room and continue talking. Then the worst part came up. Edvard looked at my computer and found the still open Internet with the still open blog saying you have successfully posted your new story. He found ‘Miss Royally Uncaring.’