Chapter Ten: The Movie Date

Emily's POV

I'm sitting in my truck while Connor and I are talking when I hear Izzy shout, "Riley, put me down!"  

"What the hell is your brother doing?" I ask. I can't see them, but I can tell that Connor can.

"Carrying her to the truck, and you will not believe what they're wearing," he says. They finally come into my view, and my jaw drops.  

"What's with the crown and tiara?" Connor asks.  

"She's my princess, and I'm her prince," Riley says, holding Izzy bridal style.  

"That explains why he's carrying her," I say. Connor gives me a strange look.  

"How does it explain it?" he asks.  

"The prince always saves the princess, and he carries her to safety," I simply explain. Riley beams, and Izzy's cheeks start to shade. "Alright, put her in the truck. We have to get home. Nathena called, and she said that your mom's looking for you since you never called her when you stayed at my house."  

Riley places Izzy in the passenger seat and closes the door. I turn my attention back to Connor.  

"Well, we have to go," I say, sighing.  

"Emily," I hear Riley say. I turn my head. "Is it alright if I take Izzy on a date tomorrow night? You and Connor can come with us to keep an eye on us." I turn back to Connor.  

"Is that okay with you?" I ask.  

"That is more than okay. That's perfect," he says, kissing my cheek. I turn the key in the ignition.  

"You've got yourself a date," I say to Riley, and I back out of the parking spot. We wave as we leave, and I see Connor mouth something, but I'm too far away to understand what he said.  

Izzy's POV

"So, how did your day go with Riley?" Emily started the truck.  

"Amazing," I felt my cheeks redden.  

"I can tell," She touched the top of my tiara, something you should never do. However, I was to happy to yell at her.  

"Riley's amazing," I thought back to everything that we did today.  

"He seems to really like you."   

"Don't say that!" I didn't want to get my hopes up. If all Riley was to me was someone to flirt with, I would be okay with that. I didn't want to even think that he liked me, because I didn't want to be rejected by him.  

"Why not?" Emily shot me a worried look.  

" I just don't want to," I didn't even want to explain my logic to her, she wouldn't get it. "Anyways, how did it go with Connor?"  

"I think it went pretty well," she smiled. She was really into him, and I could tell he felt the same.  

"Did you guys kiss?"  

"I'm sorry I don't kiss and tell," Emily made a zipper motion across her lips.  

"Oh my god! You did!" I was so happy for her!  

"No, I really didn't," She became serious.  

"Oh," We stopped talking, and just focused on getting home.  

Unknown Number: I miss my phone.  

My phone buzzed with a unfamiliar number.  

Me: Riley?