chapter 2

I finished getting the girls ready and ran downstairs and put a small pot of porridge over the hob. Tom, my brother and daddy were still in the kitchen, "Good Morning, Mags" "morning Daddy, morning Tom" i said. I smiled as daddy thanked me for breakfast and passed Gabby to me. They said good bye and walked back to the farm, it was time to milk the cows. as they left daddy keeled over in a fit of coughs, he took out his tissue and coughed up blood, i had warned him to visit the doctor but he was too darn stubborn, he waved it off as i lectured him and put on his boots. As the men left the kitchen in walked the divas and Benny. I placed gabby in her high chair and put the breakfast on the table. I then warmed a bottle for Gabby and asked Benny to keep an eye on her as i ran up the stairs to get changed. I quickly ran up threw on my old uniform which consisted of a grey skirt just above my knees, an offwhite shirt and a tattered blue jumper, i then threw on some socks that had holes in them and grabbed my dubes that i had got in first year, my toes pushing out from the top. I the pulled my wild hair into a ponytail and attempted but failed to get the tiniest drop of essence foundation from the bottle. I looked in the mirror and thought of my dream earlier on of the crisp clean uniform and the perfect hair and make up. i sometimes think how my life would be if my mother hadn'f of left us but i shook it off as i didn't like to dwell on it. i raced around my room and grabbed my old school bag and my old books an homework from my desk, i ran downstairs, and glanced at the clock , ok its half 8. I quickly rushed the children to brush their teeth and i told them to run down to the car in the yard. I grabbed the keys a change of clothes for Gabby and Aaron and grabbed all the lunches i had made the night before and dashed for the door. I placed Gabby in the car and buckled her in as i did with Aaron, it was so much easier now i had my license but petrol was a problem. I passed out the lunches and set out on the road, first to St.Josephs primary school to drop off the three eldest, then i raced to early learning playschool, to drop off Aaron and then onto busy bees creche to drop off Gabby. I looked at the clock 8 minutes before my bell rang, and it was a 4 minute drive. I qucikly buckeld up and headed to my school, St.augustines secondary school, i raced inside to my locker and i had just closed it when the bell rang, perfect english. I got into class to find the only seat available was the seat beside Matt, oh good.. sarcasm much. i sat down and tried to concentrate. I could feel him staring at me from the side, and only stopped when the teacher asked was their something interesting on my face, he replied her eyes. He was such a freak, why would he be interested in me, i wasnt even preety and i didnt try to be. The day was long and finally at a twenty to four, i raced to the car to find Matt, leaning on the bonnet, What was wrong with him? i asked myself. I told him i was in a rush and he just ignored me. "What do you want?" i asked. His answer stunned me: "a date with you and i am not taking no as an answer". I thought why would he want that and then thought sure he doesn't  know about the kids, "fine," i said, "but it has to be in my house." he seemed shocked but agreed friday night in my house and i gave him the directions. The week seemed to drag by but finally it was Five o clock on friday and i was just putting dinner on the table, when i remembered Matt was coming at 7, I had been so preoccupied i had forgotten.