I Need You To Be My Ancient History

One more short lil chapter for you guys!

Cody's POV
My eyes slowly drifted open, immediately landing on the beautiful sleeping face of my girlfriend. She was so gorgeous, even when she was asleep. I noticed that her phone was sitting unlocked on the bedside table. Normally I wasn't one to snoop but something had definitely spooked her last night, and I was determined to find out what it was. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until I checked her messages. There was only 1 new message, but it made my blood boil.
From: Matt
You'd better watch yourself you little whore. Your new boyfriend won't be able to protect you forever. I'll be waiting...
I felt my hands ball into fists, but I suppressed my white hot fury and calmed myself down. It wouldn't do any good to go all alpha male right now. Suddenly, I heard a soft sigh from the angel lying next to me. Her eyes slowly opened and met mine. "Morning," she said, her voice thick with sleep. "Morning," I smiled sweetly at her and kissed her forehead. Her eyes drifted to my hand and she looked at me, confused. "Babe...why do you have my phone?" I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. This wasn't exactly how I'd wanted to bring this up, but now was as good a time as any. "Babe who is Matt?" I asked, looking at her with thousands of questions flying around my brain. Her smile immediately disappeared and she looked away, breaking eye contact with me. I sighed and gently put a finger under her chin, lifting her head to look at me again. "We can't have secrets from each other...it isn't healthy." She nodded, took a deep breath, and began to speak.

Rachel's POV
I knew this conversation would have to happen at some point, but I didn't expect it so soon. Nevertheless, I took a deep breath and began to talk about Matt. "I met Matt when I was a junior in high school. It was the classic teenage love at first sight. He was the quarterback of the football team, and he picked me. I was so starstruck that I disregarded all of the rumors about him. Looking back now...I probably shouldn't have. Everything was fine until he got drunk. He started berating me, accusing me of cheating...and then he hit me. I thought it was just a one time thing, so I didn't tell anyone. But it kept happening. One night, it was worse than ever and he hit me so hard I blacked out. When I came to, Matt was on top of me-" I broke off, pressing a fist to my mouth. The memory was still as clear as ever and I began to shake. Cody wrapped his arms around me and began to rock me back and forth. "Shhh, shh, don't worry babe. He's never gonna touch you again so long as I'm around, and I'm not going anywhere. I love you." I looked up at him and managed a slight smile. "I love you too." Suddenly, he hopped out of bed. "Cmon now, we have the day off so we're gonna go out and explore." I smiled, already feeling better. "Okay." As soon as we were dressed and ready, we walked out to the lounge. Zach, Dan, and Austin were all sitting in the lounge. I noticed that both Dan and Zach were glued to their phones, both smiling at the screen. I grinned and poked Dan's shoulder. "Hey Danny...who're ya texting?" He blushed and looked at me. "Rebecca." I smiled and patted his shoulder. "What about you, lover boy?" I teasingly asked Zach. "KD," he said, also blushing. "Well how about you invite both of them and come exploring with us?" I suggested. "Okay!" They both said in unison. Cody looked up from his phone. "I just texted Maxx and he and Raven are down too." I grinned, making a mental note to grill Raven about that later. "Okay," I said, clapping my hands. "Let's all meet at Starbucks in a half hour." I grabbed Cody's hand and we both ran down the bus stairs giggling like teenagers.

Alright babes, this is about it for the next two weeks. I promise I'll be back in full force as soon as I get home. Anyway, you guys are awesome and I just hit 3k reads on this story (!!!) so I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you guys at the end of August.
As always, keep commenting, keep voting, and keep being amazing
Stay street |-/