Chapter - Sara's Ball

I suited up and tried to look my best. I did not look that bad, I thought and smirked at the mirror. When I reached the mansion I saw big, luxurious and shiny cars pulling up one after the other and servants greeting the people with lavish outfits. I walked into the grand doors into the hall striking with vases of white roses. Classic music was being played from a corner by an orchestra. I tried to look for Sara but all I saw were women in attractive ball gowns either dancing with elegance or holding a glass of champagne.

I was looking around the illustrious ambiance when Bruno slapped my back. He looked stunning in the suit and tie and so did Alexandra in a black dress by his side. Thank God I got company!

They dropped their presents at the giant table next to the massive white cake. We were chatting up about Ron’s absence, the music, dance, dinner and a lot more useless stuff, when the music got louder. All heads turned to the vast stairway, where Sara was walking down like an angel. Everyone broke into murmurs about how lovely she looked.

And indeed they were not wrong. She looked absolutely gorgeous! As she walked down expressionless, I could feel some abnormality in my belly. Something constricting my lungs making me unable to breathe without the blood rushing to my cheeks. My face was heating up and I could feel the droplets of water running down my spine.

I tried to calm my hype by breathing slowly with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes I saw Ron clinging on to Sara. I felt an emotional punch in my chest. Oh dear Lord! I need to calm down desperately! I saw Alexandra and Bruno wishing her, which left me in an awkward isolation. Even from a distance I could see the smile on her face when she saw me. For me time had stood still now. I couldn’t hear anything or see anything except her perfection. Her sapphire eyes, her red blooded lips, her pale soft skin, her clear-cut jaw line, her long loose shiny hair…

“Eddie! You came! I want you to meet somebody! Let’s go!” Robert hugged my arm piercing my thoughts. He pulled me to the backyard and came to a halt in front of a cage. I tried to focus on what was going on and realised that there was a baby chicken inside the birdcage.

I saw the thrilled expression on his face and tried my best to appreciate it. That’s what you are supposed to do when around kids. I talked him back to the party where Sara was staring around with hunting eyes. I bet she was looking for us. I met her and complimented on the beautiful appearance to which she rolled her eyes.

The cake was cut and after a buffet all five of us left for the ballroom. Ron shoved me and grabbed Sara’s hand for the dance. I stood in the corner due to not having any partner. I saw Bruno and Alexandra swirling around the room with passion in their eyes. I could say that they will definitely long last. I saw Ron embracing Sara in the middle of the hall. He was whispering in her ear and she was laughing like never before.

I felt very uneasy. Like there was a lump in my throat. My chest felt tight. I think I was falling for her.

After a couple of songs Sara realised my presence. With an apologetic look to Ron she headed towards me. I saw the rage in Ron’s eyes. I guess it was not just a petty crush.

Sara came and stood in front of me. She gave an expecting smirk and I realised what I had to do. I bowed a little, put my left hand on my back and pulled out my right for her. She let me hold her hand and we walked to the middle of the room with a warm silence. I did not know what song was being played. I got lost in her deep blue eyes. I held her by the back and she put her hand gracefully on my shoulder. I felt sudden jitters all over me. I saw rose-colour appearing on her pale face. We danced and danced completely in silence and lost in each other. Her charisma made me forget the time. I forgot where I was. I think I was falling for her madly.

After the last song played we both bowed each other and walked to the corner where Bruno and Alexandra were grinning at us like monkeys. I gave them a weird expression but they did not stop showing their teeth like idiots. We all were interrupted with a sudden cough from Mrs.Uber. She stood beside Sara and I saw Mr.Uber joining us too. Sara introduced us to her parents. Ron started flattering Mrs.Uber of her sleek look. That led to an awkward silence for few seconds and I could see Sara darting arrows from her eyes at him.

After greeting them goodbye all four of us left. Bruno and Alexandra were being dropped by Ron, who did not forget to give me death glares before parting. What the hell? Ignoring that, I strolled back to my house with her thoughts never leaving my head.

As I walked in my family pounced on me for every minor detail of the things I had done at the ball. My parents finally let me go with contentment in their eyes. They seemed pretty happy. That is great. I flung my shiny shoes off and changed in my pyjamas. As I was putting away the suit I felt Matt’s intense gaze.

With a bitter expression I asked him,” What?”

He continued visually piercing me and after a few moments he spoke in flat tone. “You like Sara don’t you?”

This felt creepy. I don’t think that I liked her as much as Ron does but I guess I started to develop some feelings for her.

After a long pause I mumbled, “Yes.”

He chuckled and fell on his bed. As soon as he was done laughing his ass off he said, “Then tell her you idiot!”

A thousand questions ran in my head. What if she said no? What if she never wanted to talk to me again? What if she likes Ron? What would she think of me? I do not want to lose her at any cost. I spoke out all my doubts to Matt and all he said was “Do what you are best at.”

Confused I asked him what.

He replied with a smirk, “Write a song for her.”

Lovely readers please vote! comment and tell me how it is. It will send me in a state of bliss! I swear! :D