Chapter Five - Captured

[Add the book to your library to get a notification for when each NEW chapter is uploaded, and don't forget to vote!]

From what Hart could gather, Daniel was a powerful leader that charged into the enemy's territory, getting himself and his group either killed or kidnapped. Hart found his move to be quite irresponsible and full of amateurism. He was not happy about having to help rescue him.

But it was for Riley, so he was going to help and keep his mouth shut.

As Hart flew right behind the siblings, all he could think about was Annetta. His human emotions would not let him breathe for a single moment. He felt responsible for her, but what could he do? Hell was practically endless. Trying to find a person in hell was like finding a white ant on Earth. Impossible. That didn't mean he was going to give up on her, of course he would find her. White witches were not only the strongest, but they were the smartest. If Hart couldn't find her, then she would find him.

In the mean time, he had to tag along with Riley until he could figure out what to do about the Siren situation. He needed a lot of things in order to get out of this place. It wasn't just find Riley and open up a portal to Earth. It was more complicated than that.

"We're meeting them by the maple tree," Fiona said. "I don't want the kids to accidentally see Hart through the windows."

"Or me," Riley added.

"Kids?" Hart wondered, but what really grabbed his attention was the maple tree. A maple tree in hell.

"Yeah, there are sick fucks who do this to kids," Fiona said angrily. "Because the world already isn't fucked up, people can sacrifice children and actually send them to hell."

Hart had no idea where they were going, all he could see for miles was open space and the occasional fires. They never went through any wormholes, afraid that Siren would be waiting on the other side. Riley and Fiona both believed the wormholes could change destination if altered by magic, so they couldn't trust them anymore.

"I have a question," Hart said after some time.

"And we have answers," Riley replied, looking back at him.

"Fiona, you said the other rogues died, but then said Daniel couldn't die because he was a rogue. I don't understand this."

Fiona was surprised that the question was for her, but she didn't seem angry.

"You know how humans are supposed to die in hell?" she said, and Hart nodded. "We're destined to die over and over for eternity, it's our punishment. We die, we are reborn, we die again. It's the ultimate pain. That is why humans are so fragile in hell. But we never truly die, we are just revived somewhere else. Rogues are fed white magic, which is why we are so strong."

"And why you have white eyes," Hart mentioned.

"Yes. Rogues can't be killed because of the white magic inside of us. We can be hurt, but when you try to kill one of us, you will find it impossible. Unless . . . unless a rogue is running out of battery. Magic is not who we are, we are simple humans. We are not witches, so the magic wears off eventually. Those rogues that were killed, my friends, they didn't have much power left. When you don't have the type of power to fight, you are told to stay at the base and protect the humans instead, until we can contact the leaders so we can be powered again."

"How does that work? How can humans have magic?"

"Because we're all human in the end. There used to be a time when everyone was a witch, did you know? But evolution has a funny way of splitting up species. Witches are humans, just a different version of humans. That means that every regular human has the potential to wield magic."