No. 13

It all happens so fast. His colleagues aren't nice to me. As soon as we're inside,they take me over. They keep asking me questions. But I'm so numb from hearing what he said.

"You're suspected of the murder of Demetria Lovato."

Just a few words. The ones that told me who hurt my Guardian. The empty pit in my stomach keeps growing. His colleagues have strange faces. First they look normal. But the more they make me look at them, the look gruesome they become. They looked like the kind of monsters kids tell their parents about, saying that they live in their closets. It doesn't really help that they're just a couple inches from my face. Standing, towering over me while I'm sitting in my chair.

They keep asking my questions. But I can't make out what they're saying. The parts I do pick up are weird. If I heard a woman screaming, if I could hear the thoughts, why I didn't stop it. I don't even know what it is I could've stopped. They're scaring me. They're asking me things I don't know and I'm not able to answer them. But they just won't stop.

Out of nowhere, I start to scream. Like a crazy person. My hands fly up to my hair. I can't stop moving and rocking back and forth. There's a hurricane of screaming leaving my throat. My eyes are closed, but I can feel them coming closer. They're trying to hold me down by my wrists. But I don't want them to touch me. I want to punch them, to make them go away. My screaming gets louder and as my thoughts get more violent, I feel their hands let go of me. But that isn't enough.

I just want all of this to stop.

-

I don't like being in this room. It's small and cold. Not the air, necessarily, but just the vibe in this room. I don't like being in this energy draining atmosphere. It's like there are a million little voices inside my head. My whole body feels like it's on fire.

Suddenly the door opens and Michael and Luke let in by an police officer. Finally some people I know.

Luke gets over to me as fast as his legs can get them there. Worry is in his eyes. He kneels down next to me and takes a hold of one of my lifeless hands. His touch sparks inside me. It's like a big, warm blanket around the cold. His hand cups my face. He looks like he's examing me, making sure I'm okay.

"They didn't hurt you, did they?" he asks softly. But the underlying tone in his voice makes it clear that he would rip them apart if they did.

"No," I say quietly, "Not really. They were just really annoying and kinda scary. They didn't hurt me, though."

Michael chuckles. "No, because you send them flying before they could lay a finger on you. Not to mention, they're scared shitless of you."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"You don't remember?" He raises a eyebrow. "Pinky, when you started to scream your head off, you almost cost them their hearing due to whatever kind of scream you have. And when they tried to calm you down, you somehow pushed them away without even lifting a finger."

I did? How's that even possible? I didn't even touch them. Or did I? I don't know anymore, it's all starting to become a blur. I feel like I'm losing it. Everything is slipping away.

"I know it's all a bit fuzzy, but all that matters is that you're safe."

How did he just do that? Read my mind?

"You wanna go see Calum?" Michael asks.

"Yes, please. Do any of you know where Liam is? I know Harry is being interrogated by Calum, but Liam..."

"He knocked out his two guards when you were all brought in. They'll find him, don't worry."

"Come on," Luke says, "I'll be right by your side."