No. 5

For a moment there, I thought I saw a flash of light inside the big stone. That can't be. It was probably just a reflection. I think the knock on my head was worse than Halsey thought. I should just get my stuff and go home.

I'm making my way to the exit door when I see Luke and Liam standing outside the men's restroom. Not wanting to alarm them, I just quietly walk past. I'm just catching a glimpse of their conversation.

"You stay away from her. You have no right over her."

"You're wrong and you know it. Besides, she's the one to choose."

"Fine! Just don't be pissed when she chooses the one she's should've been with all along. Remember that, Lucas. Your sob story holds nothing over the truth."

Apparantly their little talk is over. Liam walks away, unaware of my prescence. Thank God. Now that I think about things being over, my horrible back pain and head ache are gone again. Let's hope it stays that way. I don't like it and I never did. It's like I'm standing in the brightest light, about to burst into flames.

I'm just about to open the door when Luke calls my name. I turn around and see him walking over to me.

"Hey, you feeling better?"

"Yeah. Just not really feeling like going to rest of my classes. I probably won't remember a thing."

"You're probably right. Say, if you're not going, how about we go out for a drink? Any place of your choosing," he says with a smile.

He looks nervous and like he can take on the world at the same time. It's adorable, really. Especially the way he plays with his lipring. Okay, he definitely doesn't look like a 17 year old doing that.

"Sure. You up for milkshakes? And taking the bus, because I haven't got my driver's license yet."

"I can do milkshakes. But not the bus. It would be a waste to not use my car to drive up to a milkshake bar."

"You have a car?"

"Yup. If you want I can pick you up in the morning. So you won't have to take the bus."

"I'll think about it. I just want a big chocolate milkshake."

-

A 25 minute drive and terrible singing in the car later, Luke and I are enjoying two large chocolate and strawberry milkshakes at 'Shake Shake'. The place is decorated like the '50's. Very colorful and cute. I think I'll be coming here alot.

There was silence between us. Luke kept avoiding my eyes. And when they did meet, he would be matching his milkshake. It was cute to see. He kept playing with lipring. Every now and then it would like he was think about something. At some moments he seemed so at ease that it almost looked he was shining. Something was in that picture. I don't know what, but for now I just like this version of Luke; relaxed and at peace.