Chapter 10

*Edited*

Autumn's P.O.V.

   I wake up suddenly to my head pounding. I have a massive headache. I press my palm to the middle of my forehead, and wait for the sudden pain to go away. When I open my eyes, I see someone sleeping next to me, the side of their face on the back of my hand. As soon as I see the strange figure, I know exactly who it was. Clark.

   I look to my right and see all of my stuff on the little table next to me. I reach my hand out for my iPad. I unlock it and just stare at it. I know this is weird, but I can't go anywhere without my iPad. I do everything on it. I take it to work and right all of my things that I need in it for the next time I go to the store. I right songs in it, I mean everything. Like I said, I can't go anywhere without it. Since the news doesn't come on till five, I decide to go to my news app. It has the weather and videos of the weatherman giving the weather temperatures for that week on it. If you couldn't tell already, I like watching the news. I use the app all the time when I'm out or not anywhere near a TV. I click the most recent video with my index finger and I turn the volume down to where the sound won't wake Clark. He moves a little, but I know he is still asleep. 

   Towards the middle, I start paying more attention. While I am watching the video, I see nurses scrambling around, watching their TV's near their desks outside my room, because the news finally came on for an emergency update. Since I have my clothes on, I get up and walk over to all the nurses and doctors that are standing still watching as the weatherman gives the news.

   "See this right here?" The weatherman points to the screen, circling his finger over a large storm cell. "That is rotation. There's rotation here.... here....and here." The midwest is known for having tornados, but I haven't heard of this many all at once. 

   "We finally got information about the tornados and they all seem to be growing into EF4 tornados, so please get down to your basements, and down to your storm shelters and take cover. These storms are moving fast and they could hit any moment now." At that moment, everyone scrambles to get the patients out of their rooms and down to the basement, but I stay and watch. 

   "The storms are pretty big, bigger than Kansas has ever had. I have ne-" The weatherman puts his fingers up to his ear, to listen to someone talking to him. "Okay everyone, our producer is telling us that we need to get in a safe place. Oh and there goes our sirens. Remember everyone, get as many walls between you and the outside. Put something heavy on top of you, like a mattress. And stay calm!" Then the TV goes black. The lights in the hospital suddenly goes out. I hear faint screams coming from all directions as people are startled from the lights going off. I walk over to the huge glass window and listen to the sirens. I've always hated the sounds they make. I see in the distance darkness. Complete darkness. I see the gigantic tornado and I feel my heart stop. 

   "What's going on?" Clark asks coming up from behind me, he puts a hand to my shoulder, snapping me back to reality.

   "There's a huge storm coming. We have to move fast. What do we do? We can't get everyone down stairs in time, the storm is moving too fast." I look up at him. What's left of the sun is shining on his skin. He looks around at everyone with a serious look on his face. I can tell he's coming up with a plan. 

   "I have an idea." He says finally. He walks into one of the rooms that has a child laying on the bed, looking terrified. He strides over to her, picks her up bridal style, and makes his way to me.

   "I can use my super speed to get as many people down stairs as I possibly can." He explains to me. I nod sternly, knowing that he is going to expose himself once again. But we have to save these people. Without him, a lot of people may die. As I'm walking back to my room as fast as I can, I feel a gust of wind hit my back as he takes the child down to the basement. Before I reach my door, he's back to get another patient.