Chapter 14

*Edited*

Clark's P.O.V.

   "Autumn?" My voice is shaky, my eyes are burning. For some reason, I'm not blinking and I'm hardly breathing. I can't believe it worked. She lifts her head, a concerned look on her face. That quickly fades when she sees me. She exhales heavily and a smile appears on her face. My heart skips a beat. I find myself practically skipping towards her. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and hug her. She hugs me back, wrapping her arms around my waist. I sit down on her bed, so I can hug more of her. I feel myself start to cry tears of joy. She is alive! She is actually alive! My sobs start to get louder, and she notices.

   "Clark?" God, I missed the sound of her voice. I can tell she is smiling by the way she said my name. I don't want to let go of her, put she tries to push me away little so she can see my face. "Clark?" She says again. I pull away just enough to plant my lips on hers. She seems a little off guard, but soon starts to kiss back. I notice that my hands are holding her face a little too hard, so I loosen my grip and run my fingers through her hair. She puts her small hands on my face, and pulls me closer. I can feel my heartbeat in my fingers and I can't even speak I'm so happy. Happy is not the right word to use right now. The right word to use was blissful. So many things I want to say, but all I wanted to do is kiss her.

   "Thank you." She says, after we pull away. I look at her with a confused look.

   "My nurse told me everything."

   "Everything?" I ask. She smiles

   "Everything." She says. I pull the chair over and sit down next to her.

   "So.... You aren't mad?" I ask.

   "Of course not. I mean, I have to get used to it. But I'd rather be... This instead of dead. I didn't even know all of this was possible. You basically transferred your powers into me. That's absolutely amazing." She gushes. I am speechless. I have spent all this time worrying about the possibility of her hating me because I turned her into me. I was worrying for nothing.

   "Well that makes me happy. Listen, I will help you through it. I will help you control your powers, and your emotions. I won't leave. Not now, not ever. I just want you to know that." I say. She puts her hand on mine that rests on her knee.

   "I know." Before I can say anything else, the nurse, Kirana, and her doctor comes in.

   "So Ms. Jacobson, you seem to be perfectly healthy now. I have no idea what happened to make that possible, but I'm glad that you are better." The doctor says.

   "Some people would call it a miracle, Dr. Todd." Kirana mumbles, she looks to me and winks. I lower my head and smile to myself.

   "So, with that being said, we want you to stay one more night here. Just to make sure everything goes well after being in a coma for almost a week. Then tomorrow afternoon you are free to go home." Dr. Todd explains.

   "Thank you." Autumn and I say. The doctor and Kirana nod their heads and walk out of the room. I turn to Autumn and she turns to me.

   "So... Did the nurse thoroughly  explain everything to you?" I ask. She takes a deep breath then answers.

   "Yes. I will have super human strength... If that's what you call it. I will be able to hear better. I will be practically immortal, except for kryptonite. Which I knew. I will be able to fly. I also knew that. I will be able to... Shoot laser beams out of my eyes?" She laughs.