Chapter 4

*Edited*

I look out the window when I wake up and rain is the first thing that I see. It's been raining a lot lately and I don't know why. I get up slowly and make some coffee and turn on the TV. There is nothing on, so I turn to the news channel.

 "Well Ella, today there was another siting of 'The Blur' at around five this morning. The thing seems to be man and he's just everywhere it seems. There was a fire on Monroe Drive, and it-He dove into the home, a couple seconds later, he came out with a little girl named Annie. She was trapped by a piece of the families house that caught on fire and trapped her in her room. If this man had not been there at the time that he saved her, she could have died." The reporter looks down at his papers then continues talking.

 "A photographer took this picture across the street from the fire. He seems to be flying. Now Ella, I don't know why this is happening. This kind of person has never been found before. It only exists in movies and comic books, and imaginations. Who is this person? What are your thoughts?" Micheal asks Ella in the studio. She clears her throat, then answers the question.

 "Well at first I thought that it was just luck the first time we found out about The Blur. That maybe someone was just there at the perfect time to catch that girl, but then this story went viral all over the internet and I thought, Have our alien questions just been answered? If this is really a human? He certainly isn't from this world, so maybe he came from another universe. Farther than we have ever tried to look. Millions and millions of miles away, there has to be a planet that he came from. Either that or there is a really big, mad scientist that knows how to make people fly!" She laughs. Micheal starts to laugh with her. I don't think that was funny, but that's just my opinion.

 "Well, let's hope that he is here to help and not the cause of our destruction." There is a long pause between the reporter and the people back at the studio.

 "In other news..." Ella starts to talk, but I shut the TV off. I have had enough of this, it is annoying. I pick up my phone to call Clark, but he never answers. I hung up after the fifth ring, knowing that he probably wasn't going to answer.

***

 "Clark!" I yell. I want to meet him in our secret spot. In the middle of a wheat farm. There's this farm, a few miles out from the city where we used to meet. No one owns the area, so we never got in trouble for trespassing. There was this little circle in the middle of the wheat and nobody has ever been there. At least we think. It is beautiful place. I look around, yelling like a lunatic, knowing that he could hear me, but I am getting impatient.

 "Clark! We need to talk!" I scream again. "Clark!" My throat starts to hurt because the harshness of my voice against it. I feel a sudden wave of hard air hit my back and I slowly turn around and there he is. Standing with his arms to his sides and smiling.

 "We need to talk. Now!" I demand. He comes closer to me. When he is face to face with me, he opens his mouth to speak, but shakes his head and leans in to kiss me. I pull away after a couple seconds, because I really need to talk to him. He's stalling, like he knows what I'm going to say.

 "What? Do you not want me to kiss you?" He asks flirtatiously. I roll my eyes and cross my arms, getting a little frustrated.

 "They know about you. By they, I mean everyone on the planet. Some one took a very good photo of you and posted it on the internet. You were on TV. The reporter says that you're an al-" He cuts me off.

 "I know." His facial expression is hard, like he didn't want to talk about it.

 "You do?" I stuff my hands into my hoodies pockets, suddenly very cold.