Hopelessly hopeful

*Samantha's P.O.V*

Green eyes. The memory of them, so piercing, so strikingly knowledgeable, had become just that. A memory.
It had been weeks since Seth had been to school. I wish I could stop thinking about him, I really do but at the very least I just want to know what happened to him.
"HYPOCRITE!!" Cassie's shouted at me as we cruised down the road blasting music with the windows rolled down on our way to school.
"What?.." I began totally taken aback at her sudden harshness.
"And you said I was the one in a weird mood lately" she said as she glanced at me.
"I'm not in a weird mood I'm just thinking." I said defensively crossing my arms across my chest.
So what if I was crushing on a ghost, he has to turn up eventually. As I gazed out the window I thought I saw a flicker of red in the woods moving along side the car but at this point I wouldn't put it past myself to be seeing things. I guess you could say I was kind of depressed. But I mean, didn't I have reason to be?

***flashback***
"Sam you... Look... Gorgeous!!!!" Cassie  said excitedly as she hugged me." You look like... A girl... " she said. "...a really pretty girl..."
"Cassssss stopppp" I said prying her off me. She had made me her Barbie putting me in a floral skirt and fitted top along with the smokey eye makeup thing she did and I didn't look half bad. Ash was supposed to take me out today.
After Cassie and I sat down to eat at the mall, he came running up teeth gleaming and with a little white piece of paper flapping in his hand.
"Couldn't miss my opportunity with such a pretty girl" he winked at me before he let the paper go and was gone before it fluttered down to the table.
Later that night I texted him and he told me he'd pick me up Friday 7:00pm for a night I wouldn't forget.
"This is just what you need" Cassie said.
I assure you, I didn't forget.
Sitting on the front porch eagerly till 10 pm with no sign or word from a guy can really do a number to a girls confidence. As I went inside and smeared the make up from my face I got a text:
Sorry. Got caught up. Maybe another time.
Last time I let Cass pick a guy for me.
I'm just hopelessly hopeful I'll meet Mr. Right. And hopefully this Mr. Right has the forest green eyes from my dreams.
-------------
Hey guys so just a little something I whipped up real quick until I post again, promise it won't be eons like last time, I hope you like it! As always votes and comments are appreciated!!!!
Xoxo
-Rachel