Jily One Shots; You Idiot!

Heyyy people who read this story/ one shot thingy. IM ACUALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY ABOUT NOT UPDATING!!!!! I actually don't have any good excuses, and um yeah. Whoops? Please enjoy the Jily. And don't hate the glorious author for never ever updating. Anyways........ Thanks for the support in the comments! You guys are honestly awesome. The main reason I update is because I love seeing you guys so excited. And to the people who saw only the word bushes last chapter.... I honestly don't know why that happened...?¿?
This takes place in their seventh year.
Disclaimer: Characters and settings belong to J.K. Rowling
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lily POV

I tapped my fingers impatiently against the table in the Great Hall. James was supposed to meet me last night to organize patrols among the younger prefects, since we were heads together. But he hadn't shown last night, and judging from the fifteen minutes left in breakfast, he wasn't going to show up then either. I was going to ask where he had been last night, but now I was slightly worried. Even though he was one of the most insufferable, annoying, insensitive, and infuriating person I had ever met, I guess I could say I cared to the extent of his well-being. But it was nothing more then a friendly concern, I told my self confidently. There was no way that I was developing feeling for the prat.
I jumped, startled, when someone pinned my tapping hand to the table.
"Lily! Stop that, you're driving me insane! " Marlene scolded teasingly. I huffed indignantly, inwardly scolding my self for the worried expression that was probably to obvious on face.
"What's making you so cranky? Wait, let me guess. " She said cutting off my answer. "It's either something to do with your duties that you have being head girl or something to do with James Potter. " she guessed proudly.
I sighed. "Both, actually. He didn't show up to our meeting last night, and now he's not at breakfast either. The insufferable prat could at least bother to show up to explain why he wasn't there last night." I said, trying to sound irritated, but it wasn't hard to pick out the worry etched into words.
Marlene looked at me partially exasperated and partially smirking.
"What?" I said, scowling back at her.
"You're really that concerned, aren't you? You know that half the time James and his crew don't show up to meals, anyway, because they're off doing whatever shenanigans that they usually do. I'm sure he's fine Lily." Marlene said and I could obviously tell she was holding back a smirk.
"What are you smirking about?" I asked her accusingly.
"What? Can't I find it adorable that my best friend is worried about her crush?" At this point Marlene had a full on grin stretching across her face.
" I do not fancy James Potter! We're just friends, that's all."
"I'm not even going to refute that blatant lie."
"You- " I huffed angrily. Breakfast ended a few minutes later and tried to push any thoughts of James out of my head, as I walked to my classes. But the odd thing was, he wasn't at transfiguration either, which was a class he rarely skipped. I couldn't help nervously tapping my fingers for the rest of my classes until lunch.
When I got to the Great Hall immediately went and plopped down next to Marlene. My eyes automatically scanned down the Gryffindor table, unconsciously looking for James. Then I spotted little Peter Pettigrew out of the corner of my eye sitting by himself. Usually, if Peter was there, then so was Black, James, and Remus. But the other three were missing. That struck me as a little bit odd- those four were rarely seen without one another. So I got out of my seat to go sit by Peter, ignoring Marlene's questions of what I was doing.
"Hi, Peter." I said smiling sitting down next to him. He looked up at me somewhat fearfully and only slightly relaxed when he saw that it was me.
"Hello, Lily." He said with his voice only somewhat quivering.
"Listen-er- do you have any idea where James is? I was supposed to meet with him last night for a heads' meeting but he never showed. I figured he just blew it off, but he wasn't at breakfast or transfiguration either. So- yeah." I spurted out nervously, still tapping my fingers.
"James? Oh um he.... um, he'll probably be mad at me for telling you this....he's in the hospital wing." My eyes widened incredulously.
"What happened?!"
"He's probably the best one to explain that. " Peter said after a few seconds or hesitating.
"Alright." I said processing the information and running my hand through my wavy red hair. "Thanks a lot, Peter. I better get going."
"No problem." He said with a weary smile.
I grabbed my bag from the seat next to Marlene and debated going to see James now or after school. I needed an explanation from this kid. I decided to go right away, so my anxiousness and curiosity wouldn't bug me for the rest of the day.
I quickly walked over to the hospital wing, ignoring the strange looks I got from professors on my way there. When I finally got there I barged in and placed both my hands on the head nurse's desk purposefully.
"I'm here to see James Potter." She scanned her finger down a list of patients,I assume, all written in loopy handwriting.
"James........ Ah! Here we are! Mr. Potter is right over there." She says and points over to the cots.
"Thank you!" I then walk over to cots.
"Lily?" I hear a voice call out.
"Remus? What are you doing in here? What have you guys been doing?" I say whipping around.
"Well... I guess it's a long story." He said looking five times older then he actually was.
Then it dawned on me.
"Wait..... does it have to do with the full moon?"
Remus ducks his head. " Unfortunately, it does." He says in a very somber tone. I am instantly filled with empathy for the boy sitting in front of me.
"Oh Remus, it's not your fault, whatever happened. You didn't have control over yourself."
" I know but it was still me who did it. Even if it wasn't my choice to do the actions that I eventually ended up doing. Just because I was forced to do things I otherwise wouldn't do, doesn't make me feel any less guilty." He says with a broken look in his eyes.
"Don't talk like that. None of this is your fault. Can you-" I was cut-off suddenly.
" Evans?" I heard a voice groggily call behind me. I turned around to see James laying on a cot with bandages up his one arm and his head wrapped in a white cloth bandage.
"James! What happened?!" I said placing my hand partially over my mouth walking over to him.
"Oh, just got a little banged up, you know me. I'm completely-" he shifted his weight, trying to sit up and trying not to wince, but failing, "fine."
"What happened?" I say again with more command in my voice.
"Um... well you know I was just trying to help my old buddy Remus over here when he got all wolfy and freaked out a little bit and I might've got in his way. A little bit."
"James! What were you thinking?" I said with all the possible negative outcomes that situation may have brought, and none of them were appealing whatsoever.
He smiled sheepishly." I guess I wasn't really."
" I hate you." I said.
He laughed. "And why would that be, my dear Lily?"
" Because I was worried about you, idiot."
He grinned. " That's touching."
A faint blush crept up onto my cheeks. " Oh shut up, it's only because you blew off our meeting and it was important."
"Whatever you say." The stupid grin wouldn't fade off his face.
"Whatever. Prat." He laughed at that. "But seriously James, you need to be more careful."
The prat still had that insufferable grin on his face.
"Ah, no need to worry about me dearest Lily. I can take care of myself. "
"Yes, obviously you can seeing as you have ended up in the hospital wing for who knows how long!" There was probably an anger that flamed in my eyes when I said this.
"Lily, I'm fine now aren't I? Why are so worked up about this?" James said his grin fading. I then noticed the bags under his eyes and how much older and tired he seemed.
"Because- because- oh how am I supposed to know? I just am slightly concerned for you're well-being okay? That's what.... friends do?" My last statement sounded more like a question then anything.
"Are we friends now then, Lily?" A small smile appearing on his face.
Just as I opened my mouth to reply, another voice cut me off from a few beds down.
"OI! We get it, Lily and James care about each other and are set on denying it for the rest of eternity. Now could you please shut up so I can sleep. Thank you." Sirius stated then promptly pulling the curtains around his bed back shut.
My eyes were wide with embarrassment, not realizing how loud I had been.
James turned back to me. "Just ignore Sirius, he's such a drama queen." He said this with humor laced in his tone.
"Uh- right. Uh so u guess I'll be going now?" I said slowly making my way away from the small cot.
A frown appeared on his face. "You never answered my question, are we friends?"
"Yeah? I mean I guess so."
That small smile reappeared. "Good."
"Right. Well I'll be leaving now." I turned to leave but something stopped me. I whirled around and hugged James while burying my face in his shoulder. He let out a sound of surprise before he draped his good arm around me.
"Try not to get yourself hurt anymore, you idiot." I said my voice muffled against his shoulder.
"I will, dearest Lily,if only to keep you from worry." He answered faux formally as I stood back up.
"Good-bye James." I stated looking back into those dancing hazel eyes.
"Bye Lily."
I walked out of the hospital wing, saying good bye to Remus as I left.
When I was in the hall I heard a familiar voice yell giddily,"Moony did you see what just happened?"
And even I couldn't stop my broad smile as I walked down the corridors of Hogwarts.