Jily One Shot; K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Heyyy. I'm back with another on shot. Just a small reminder that none of this one shots necessarily connect... like I might do two different stories on Jily's first kiss. Yeah that probably doesn't make sense .... oh well.
It is again in their 7th year. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns characters and setting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James POV

"Oi, Prongs, you alright?" Sirius asked looking at me suspiciously. I suppose I did look quite odd sprawled out on my bed smiling at the ceiling. But goodness was I happy. I had just kissed LILY BLOODY EVANS!! AND SHE KISSED ME BACK! I was ecstatic. All I wanted to do was to sprint up to the girls' dorm and kiss her again and have her be my girlfriend.
"Hello? James? You still there?" Sirius asked again.
"I just kissed Evans." I said not quite believing it still.
"What? Say that again, I thought you said you kissed Evans."
" You heard right. I kissed Lily Evans."
"And she didn't slap you? Are you sure it was Lily?" Sirius said incredulously.
"Yes!" I said sitting up grinning ear to ear.
"I knew she fancied you! Now do you have any idea where Remus is? " He said grinning as well.
" No, why?" I inquired curiously.
" He owes me 5 galleons!" he says running out of the dorm. About 10 seconds later he ran in tugging Moony along.
" Tell Moony what you told me!" Sirius commanded.
"I kissed Lily Evans. And no, she did not slap me." I added after seeing the surprised look on his face.
" Are you sure it was Lily?" Remus asks raising his eyebrows.
"Why does everyone keep asking that?" I said exasperatedly.
"Well, I don't know Prongs, but she really kissed you back? Never thought I'd live to see the day. But then again, never thought I'd see you become Head Boy, either."After he said that he grudgingly handed five shiny coins over to a whooping Sirius.
~~
Lily POV

I walked blissfully into my dormitory recounting the night's events. James and I were working organizing more patrols amongst the prefects for our Head duties in the library. His uniform was disheveled and his hair was even more messed up then usual. His bright hazel eyes were filled concentration and his eyebrows were furrowed. I found myself staring at him more than once. He caught me once or twice and my eyes darted away from his with the butterfly jitters in my stomach.
We kept working and soon it was getting late and I knew we would soon be shooed out of the library. James didn't seem to take any notice of the time and was still trying to figure out the patrols. I decided I should say something.
" James," I whispered,"we have to leave now."
"Lily," He copied,"We're almost done." He looked at me with his penetrating eyes and moved his jaw. My mind going completely blank, and I could feel my face heating up once again. I had only just recently realized my feeling for the prat, and now I can't think around him. That's why I did my next action without thinking. I kissed him.
It was slow and delicate and made the butterflies in my stomach go haywire. It was blissful and to good to be true when-
"Hey! The library is closed! Not that you two were using it any way! Get your stuff and get out! Both of you!" the short, plump librarian scolded us. We both hurriedly grabbed our stuff and got out out of the library with both of us laughing.
" ' Not that you two were using it anyway' " James laughed his eyes alight. I just laughed in reply. Whether it was from his joke or the recent kiss, I couldn't be sure. "Now where were we...." he said gently kissing me again. I broke away and run along the corridor, back towards the common room giggling. "Oi! Evans!" James shouted chasing after laughing as well.
Once we got back to the common room, the place was crawling with people still.
"Night, Lils." James sang.
"Night, Potter." I said trying to keep the excitement out of my voice. Then we both went up to our separate dormitories. Which brings us to the present. I sighed and laid on my bed. The evening had turned out marvelous.
~~~
James POV

I woke up the next morning, bleary from sleep. Then the previous evenings events replayed in my head. Lily had kissed me! Ah, now I just needed to wait for the right moment to ask her to be my girl.
I slipped on my uniform and went to breakfast. The Great Hall seemed to reflect my mood with everyone talking and untroubled. I went and plopped down next to Sirius grabbing a piece of toast and shoving into my mouth. Lily and her friends were sitting a few seats away with her animatedly talking to them.
"What's wrong with you?" I inquired Remus seeing him grumpily sitting across the table.
"I had to pay Padfoot over here five galleons because you had to kiss Lily."
" Er- right." I said when a little voice inside my head reminded me that she kissed me.
"You did kiss her, right?" Sirius butts in.
"Well-Yes-err -kind of -you see-" I trying to think how to say it.
"Wait- she kissed you, didn't she?" Moony says with a grin starting form on his face.
" Yes. " I muttered turning slightly pink.
"WHAT." Sirius asked.
" You heard the man! Ten galleons please."Moony grinned. Sirius swore and handed him ten coins. Then Sirius got this crazy look on his face.
"LILY AND PRONGSIE SITTING IN A TREE. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. FIRST COMES LO- " He yelled when he stopped singing quite suddenly. Then Lily came walking over.
"Black, I would most indeed like it if you would shut up." Sirius just pointed at his throat. " I'll remove the charm once you promise to shut up." Lily stated. Sirius raised his right hand in an silent oath. Lily muttered the counter charm and walked out of the Great Hall.
"Oi, James, your girlfriend is mean." he said but I was too busy watching Lily's vibrant hair as it swayed as she left The Great Hall.