Chapter 2: A Problem With the Bus

Honk! Honk! The car horn blared from outside.

"God, Pete," you muttered, dragging your suitcase to the front door.

You bumped open the door with your hip as Pete hopped out of the car to assist you. He jogged up to the door and grabbed your larger bag.

"I'll just take that," He started towards his car.

"Thanks, Pete," you mumbled, slightly laughing.

"Hmm?"

"Oh, nothing..." You said as he lifted your suitcase into the trunk.

You hopped into the passenger's side door, placing your backpack on the ground in front of you.

"So, who're we picking up first? Andy or Patrick?" You asked.

"We'll pick up Stumpy first."

You nodded, brushing your hair to the side, almost absentmindedly fixing it. You lived just down the street from Pete and Patrick lived a few blocks away. Joe was the farthest away from where you lived while Andy was somewhere in the middle.

As you stopped in Patrick's driveway, Pete hopped out of the car, "Wait here. I'll go get him."

Pete came back a few minutes later with a pajama donned Patrick Stump.

"What the Hell are you wearing?" You questioned as they both slid into the car.

Patrick blushed, "I like to travel comfy, okay?"

"So, are you ready?" Pete asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Yes! Oh my God, I am so excited!" You gushed.

"Well don't worry, we're almost there," Patrick put a hand on your shoulder.

It caught you by surprise but you quickly turned to the window, where no one could see your blush.

As you were on your way to Andy's Pete's cell decided to buzz.

"(Y/N), can you see who that was?" Pete chimed in.

You picked up his phone to see a text from Andy, you read it aloud to them, "Andy said 'Joe picked me up, so just drive to the parking lot.' "

"Great! Without taking the detour for Andy we'll be there in around four minutes."

You nodded, reaching for the car stereo, "Enough awkward silence, let's turn up the radio!"

As you pushed the button an unrecognizable song came blasting through the speakers, making you and Patrick clamp your hands over your ears. You quickly turned the volume all the way down.

"Pete, how drunk were you the last time you listened to the radio?" Patrick asked, relievedly uncovering his ears.

"Uhh, how many drinks did I have at that party last Saturday?"

Patrick groaned, covering his face. You turned the volume back up on the stereo to find the start of 'Dance, Dance' playing.

You turned to the backseat and began softly singing along with the song, "She says she's no good with words, but I'm worse. Barely stuttered out a joke of a romantic stuck to my tongue."

He looked up at you and then groaned, unwillingly singing along, "Weighed down with words too over-dramatic."

Pete ended up joining in at some point and before you knew it you'd arrived at your destination.

As you'd gotten out of the car you saw Andy and Joe outside the bus, chatting.

"Hey there, boys!" You yelled over to them.