The First Task

Ginny P.O.V.
     After Hermione, Hazel, and I stayed up all night we were confident that Harry could complete this with his broom. We owe most of our success to Professor Moody, he gave Harry the idea to use his broom. Harry would be going last and Hermione and I snuck behind the tent to see Harry before the task started.
     "Harry?" I whispered standing on the other side of the curtain.
     "Yeah?" He whispered back. I threw back the curtain and hugged him tightly and there was a bright flash. I looked up and saw that cow Rita snapping a picture of Harry and myself. I rolled my eyes as Hermione gave him a quick hug.
      "Remember the spell, Harry. Imagine the Firebolt coming towards you. And don't worry about the window, it's open." Hermione gave Harry a little last minute coaching before Dumbledore told us that we were not supposed to be here. We headed back up to the stands as Cedric Diggory came out first battling a Swedish Short-Snout. He tried to distract it by turning a rock into a dog, and the dragon turned its head towards the dog and Cedric crept forward. Halfway through his plan to get the egg, the dragon turned his head back to Cedric and blew fire right at his face. Hermione let out a strangled scream along with many other people. Cedric continued on, and the dragon had stopped blowing fire and Cedric dodged the rest of its attacks and got his egg.
Fleur Delacour went next facing a Commen Green Welsh. She did something to the dragon and it fell asleep. She rushed over to get her egg and the dragon snorted and the hem of her skirt caught on fire. She yelped and extinguished it and grabbed her egg.
Viktor Krum was third and he faced a Chinese Fireball. He used a Conjunctivitis Curse and blinded the dragon. He got his egg, but had to have points taken off because the dragon smashed half of the real eggs.
Finally it was Harry's turn, and I almost fainted when I saw which dragon he was facing. The Hungarian Horntail. Charlie told me about those. They were vicious and hard to handle. Harry walked out and I cheered him on. He looked up and lifted his wand and yelled,
"ACCIO FIREBOLT!!" He stood there a few seconds before there was a gust of wind and his Firebolt was in his hand and then he was flying. I held my breath as he dodged the first burst of fire. He dodged a bit more, and finally swooped down to grab the egg. The dragon swung it's sharp spikes tail at Harry and hit his shoulder. I screamed and saw a little blood trickle down his shoulder. But Harry, being Harry, shook it off and continued downward. Harry would lose points for being hit, but he still tied for first with Viktor. He probably would've and should've beat Viktor, but Karkaroff gave Harry a very low score. I rolled my eyes when I saw it and pulled Hermione and Hazel with me to see Harry. Percy and Leo followed and I saw Frank, Jason, Piper, and Annabeth follow us as well. We got to the tent and I through myself into Harry's arms.
     Hermione gave him an equally big hug and so did Hazel. They had become close friends.
     "Gods, Harry!! That was so cool!!" Jason exclaimed. Harry laughed.
     "Thanks, but I'm never doing that again." Harry responded. Madam Pomfrey came around the corner muttering angrily about how dragons are unsafe for children.
     "Dragons! What were they thinking! Someone could have been killed! I'm only one woman!" She kept mumbling. She treated Harry's shoulder and then went over to Cedric. Half his face was covered in bandages. I walked over and congratulated him.
     "I felt bad for the dog though, it was so cute!!" Piper said coming up to give Cedric her congratulations. I laughed and Cedric smiled. Well, half smiled. We left and I saw Ron walking toward Harry. I stepped in front of him.
     "Move, Ginny." He said.
     "Why? So you can yell at Harry? No. Way." I replied. Ron turned on his heel and left the tent. I gave Harry another hug as Ludo Bagman called the champions over.
     Harry came back over and told us that he had to find out what the next task was and that the egg was his only clue.
     "The task is in February, so I have a little time." I breathed relief and told him that there was probably going to be a party in the common room.
     "That's okay. Maybe someone will leak that there is a party and it will be stopped. Who knows?" He winked at me and I laughed. The day ended well and it was nice to know that Harry had a little bit of relax time before the next task.