Diagon Alley

Hermione P.O.V.          
After Harry went up to his room, Ginny told me that after dinner, she would distract the exchange students and that I should go up and see what was wrong with Harry. When Piper tried to find out what was wrong with Harry, which Ginny handled very well, I could tell something was very different about the way she spoke. All the other exchange students seemed to struggle a little at her words. It was confusing, but when Ginny took them outside I slipped quietly away. I walked up to Harry's room and knocked on the door.
"Come on in Hermione." I heard Harry's voice from the other side. I walked in and looked at him with shock.
"How'd you know it was me?" I asked him
"Because everyone else except you and Ginny thought I was sleeping and I knew Ginny would be distracting the exchange students." Harry explained.
"Wow, I think I'm rubbing off on you!!" I exclaimed and then laughed. Harry laughed to and hit me playfully in the arm. I had to get serious.
"What's up with your scar?" I asked
Harry looked up at me and I saw that his forehead was red. I felt it and he was burning up.
"Oh my gosh, Harry you're burning with a fever!! I'll go get a wet cloth. I'll be right back okay? Lay down and don't move." I walked over to the door and glanced back at Harry. He looked very sick. I opened the door and found myself face-to-face with Annabeth. Well, I didn't know it was Annabeth and I pulled my wand out and Annabeth screamed and I stared at her. Ginny was then standing behind Annabeth with her wand pointed at her. Harry had stumbled to the door and leaned heavily on my shoulder. Ginny shoved Annabeth roughly to the side and caught Harry with me as he fell. We set him on his bed and Ginny spun around to face Annabeth. The other exchange students were standing behind Annabeth and they stepped back when they saw her face. I covered Harry's ears with a pair of ear plugs I summoned. I then plugged my own ears for the explosion yet to come.
"WHAT IN THE NAME OF MERLIN ARE YOU DOING?!?!? ARE YOU SPYING???? I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU RIGHT NOW!!! GO AWAY!!!" Ginny screamed. I winced. She has a temper that rivals her mothers. Annabeth fled with all the other exchange students to their room. Ginny looked like she was steaming, but when she saw Harry her face immediately softened. She pulled the plugs out of his ears and started stroking his cheek.
"Hermione, what's wrong with him?" She asked nervously.
"I-I think it's his scar is overheating. I don't know how if that's even possible, but we need to owl Dumbledore." Ginny nodded and I went to send the owl. I've never told anyone, but I knew that Ginny liked Harry. And I knew Harry liked Ginny. It was frustrating, really. I sighed and sent Hedwig off and went back to Harry's room. Ginny was still there, but Harry was asleep. She looked up at me and smiled and said,
"I'm going to sleep in here tonight is you want to you can." I nodded and we went to get my sleeping stuff and when I came back Ginny left to get her stuff. She came back and laid out the sleeping bags. She laid on her back and said,
"Hermione?"
"Yeah, Gin?"
"Harry's scar only hurts when Voldemort is near." Ginny looked at me very scared. I knew that after she and Harry saved Hannah from the Chamber, she had been having nightmares about it and the thought of Voldemort being near Harry made her scared and angry all at the same time.
"I-I honestly don't know Gin. It could be, but remember that V-Voldemort isn't even at full power. If he was, we'd know." I don't know if that reassured her, but she nodded anyways and looked at Harry one last time before drifting off to sleep. I did the same thing and before I knew it, it was morning and time to go to Diagon Alley. I woke up and saw that I was in Harry's bed. I didn't see Ginny or Harry, so I assumed that they put me here and went down to breakfast. I got yo stretched and then went to Ginny's room to get some clothes from my trunk. I got changed and went down stairs. Harry and Ginny were talking with Hazel, Frank, Jason, and Piper about Hogwarts and every few minutes Ginny would glare at Annabeth. Annabeth would glare back and then both would huff and turn back to the group they were chatting with. I sat next to Ginny and joined the conversation.
"There you are you sleepyhead!! I thought you would never wake up!! We're going to Diagon Alley today!!" Ginny said the last part in a yell and pumped her fist in the air. She always loved Diagon Alley and always got excited. Annabeth glared and said,
"Could you be a little quieter?"
Ginny flipped her hair and laughed loudly at something Piper said. Mrs. Weasley walked in and ushered them all out. When they got to Diagon Alley, Ginny took a deep breath and tugged on Harry and Hermione's sleeves.
"Come on!! I'm too excited!!"
Harry was laughing and so was I and I was glad to see that Harry seemed to be all better. I had checked this morning and there wasn't a response from Dumbledore yet. Ginny stopped tugging for a moment and turned her head toward the Americans. She quickly averted her gaze and whispered,
"They aren't speaking English!!"
I looked over and noticed she was right and tried to pinpoint the unusual language.
"Oh my. Bloody hell!" I figured out the language.
"What? What is it Hermione?" Harry urged her to tell.
"Ancient Greek!! How in the name of Merlin can they speak perfect Ancient Greek?!? I get regular Greek, but that's hard enough, and all of them?? This is insane!" I told them. I was so confused. Ancient Greek was one of the hardest languages to learn. I was amazed at how good they were, it's as if it were their native language. I decided to think more about it later. We were walking toward Gringotts and the exchange students all had bags of money. I didn't know that they came so prepared. We went in and when we got to my vault I took out just enough money to buy all my stuff and get Harry and Ginny a birthday present. They both told me it wasn't a big deal, but I felt like I needed to get them something. They were, after all, my best friends. Harry, very hastily, grabbed a few hand fills of galleons, sickles, and knuts. I sighed in exasperation.
"Boys." I muttered to Ginny. She laughed and Harry walked back to the cart.
"Bloody hell, Harry do you like to be robbed?" Ginny asked him. Harry turned around and walked to his vault sheepishly.
"Sorry ma'am." Harry bowed to Ginny who had her hands on her hips. She whacked him on the back of the head.
"Prat." She muttered.
Harry was red as he filed back into the cart. The exchange students had been staring at Harry's large sum of money and he was getting uncomfortable. As the cart got closer to the Weasley's vault, Ginny started to get red. Harry squeezed her shoulder and I told her that it doesn't matter what's in the vault. She seemed to calm down and the blush lowered down to just a faint tint to her cheeks. Mr. Weasley got out and stuffed a few coins into a bag. I caught Ginny's eye and smiled. We got out of Gringotts and went around to each shop. When we got to Madam Malkins, Mrs. Weasley dragged Ginny over to the used robes section to search for dress robes.
"Mum, I don't need them them!! Plus I hate dress robes!" Ginny complained. Mrs. Weasley was having none of it. Mrs. Weasley picked out a rather unflattering dress and Ginny grimaced. I was searching for my own and I saw Ginny nod at her mum saying it was good enough. I said,
"Ginny, for your birthday I would like to treat you to a pair of dress robes."  Ginny kept shaking her head and saying it was too much, but finally gave in and helped me find a pair of shoes to go with my dress. Ginny told me that for my birthday present that she would me the one book I've been trying to get my hands on. It was a very old muggle story and the librarian at the public library wouldn't let me buy it. She even told me I had to stop checking it out and I haven't been able to find another copy. I thanked her and we went to pick out her dress. After about three or four, we struck gold. It was a beautiful long green dress. It was flowy and had a line of lilies going from one shoulder wrapping around the dress to finally wrap itself around the bottom. The bottom flowed out and it was magnificent. Ginny told me that she had some shoes at home that would be perfect and I picked out a lily barrette for her hair, just in case. I paid for the dress and Ginny thanked me and gave me a huge hug. The Americans looked like they were having some trouble and we went over to help the girls.
"We don't know what house you'll be in, so just get three plain robes and you'll be fine." I looked on my list and remembered that they would need dress robes.
"You guys are going to need dress robes so get your measurements and then we can go pick them out." I told them. Harry and Ron took the guys to get their own dress robes and we took the girls. In the end Annabeth got a very sophisticated grey dress that showed off her curves. Piper got a short, pale pink dress and a few multicolored feathers. Hazel got a long, modest gold dress. It matched her eyes and went very well with her very curly hair. They paid for all their stuff and we hurried off the Florish and Botts to get all of our books. Ginny asked her mum to get her books and set off to find Hermione the book.
"I got it!!" Ginny yelled down to Hermione from the top shelf. Ginny ran down the stairs and held a battered copy of The Beauty and The Beast in her hands. She pulled out her wand and said,
"Oculus Reparo" and flicked it at the book. It looked as good as new. I held it gingerly in my hands and gave her a gigantic bear hug.
"Thank you so much Ginny!!" I told her.
"Anything for you! I'm just glad they have a copy. So I've been meaning to ask you, what're you getting Harry for his birthday?" Ginny asked me.
"I have no idea. Honestly I was going to get him a book on Broom care, but I'm not sure he'll want it." I told her. 
"I think that's a great idea!! I know he'll love it."
"You're sure?"
"Positive."
"Thanks Gin! What're you getting him?"
"I can't afford much, so I was thinking I would make him special quills that have the Gryffindor Lion on them. I'll take a quill and knit it on. I also was wondering if you could teach me a charm that will make the lion move?"
"Ginny, that sounds wonderful!! Of course I'll help you! I have the perfect charm!"
"Thanks Hermione, you're a life saver!" We giggled and went off to find Mrs. Weasley. Instead we found Harry and Malfoy arguing. Ginny broke in and said,
"If you don't mind, we need to go." And grabbed Harry's arm and started to guide him away through the crowd. Hermione held onto Ginny's other hand to keep with them. Harry seemed really mad, but it was Malfoy I didn't really expect anything else. We found Mrs. Weasley and paid for our stuff. Ron was a prefect this year so Mrs. and Mrs. Weasley got him brand new robes. Ron seemed interested in Quidditch and I think Harry was hoping he would play as the Gryffindor Keeper, seeing as Wood had graduated Hogwarts, but Ron decided that he didn't want to get involved. Harry was very stressed because of that decision because now he had to find a new keeper. I had a feeling the Americans would try out for quidditch, but position of chaser was still locked in by Ginny, Alicia, and Angelina and Harry the seeker, and you'd have to be crazy to kick Fred and George off the team, so it seemed like chances were very small. Ugh! Now I was thinking just like all these boys! We got home to the burrow and I went back to puzzling why these exchange students spoke Ancient Greek. This was going to drive me crazy. Suddenly I remembered Hedwig. I forgot to check. I ran up to Harry's room where Harry was stroking Hedwig, Dumbledore's note still on Hedwig's foot. Harry looked at Hedwig's leg and took off the note. He then put food food in Hedwig's cage. He untied the note as I ran down to get Ginny. 30 seconds later we were back and Harry looked mid-way through the note. Ginny and I both leaned over his shoulder. It said,
Dear Hermione,
Thank you for notifying me about Harry's scar. I would not worry about it, as there is nothing we can do at the moment. Please tell your friend Mr. Potter to air on the side of caution and not to act irrationally. I trust you will help. If you have any concerns feel free to contact me, but if not, then enjoy the rest of you summer break.
ᗩᒪᕊᘎᔕ ᖙᘎᙢᕊᒪᙓᖙᗝᖇᙓ
I was too tired to think much about it. I said goodnight to Harry and Ginny and went to Ginny's room to get dressed. I got into my cot and laid down as Ginny came in to get her pajamas. When she came back she turned out the lights and laid down. I fell asleep soon after that.

A/N Sorry guys about some of the parts in here. My italics are not working so I know there are parts that should have been italicized. Sorry again! Also I know that The Beauty And The Beast isn't super rare, but I needed a non wizard story.