Chapter Fifteen

A giggle escapes my mouth as I grab the bottle from Christopher. I take a big gulp of it and the alcohol burns down my throat. Music is playing on the radio, so I get up and start to dance. "Tell me about yourself," Christopher says as he watches me.

I sit down with a grin on my face. "Why not make a game outta it?" I ask. He nods his head, showing he wants to know more. "After everytime you say something about yourself you take a sip. If the other person has had the same situation happen to them both, take two drinks."

"Sure," he says as he moved towards me.

"I've only had one boyfriend," I say taking a sip. He doesn't. "I come from a military family," he says, taking two sips and then I do.

"I've been in a fight where the cops were called," I say and he raises an eyebrow in disbelief. I start to take my second sip when Christopher takes one huge gulp. "Way to many times," he mumbles.

"I've had a dog die on my eleventh birthday," he grumbles and takes a sip. I don't. "I had a military dog with PTSD." I take a sip and he doesn't. He just stares at the floor and frowns slightly. "Someone in my family turned into a Crazy." He took another sip. I take two and hand the bottle back. "I thought your mom was killed?" he says.

"Where's Jonny?" I laugh. He chuckles gravely and puts his bottle down on the floor. My head feels light and warm. I get up, unable to stay still, and dance. Christopher watches me, his eyes twinkling. "I've been cut by a lot of glass before," he mumbles and takes a large sip. I do too, which makes him give me a look.

"I've dropped a lot of glass cups and dishes," I say with a shrug. "I've never slept with someone before," I say with a laugh. Chris doesn't drink. Instead, he just stares at me, tapping his finger against the bottle of vodka. I lean forward and snatch the bottle from him. "Your turn," I tease with a grin. He smiles and stands up, reaching for the bottle. "We could change that."

I ignore his comment and grab his hands. I start to dance with him. "I've walked in on my parents," I remark, taking a sip from the bottle. He does too, so I take another. "Maybe we should stop. You'll feel like crap in the morning," he says.

"So? I always feel like crap. My father was forced back into the military and West was shipped off. To top that off, my mother was raped and killed in front of me. Same thing almost happened to me," I declare, then giggle. His face suddenly falls, and I wonder, through my cloudy mind, what's wrong.

"What's wrong?" I ask while poking his face. He turns his head and nibbles on the tip of my finger. "Nothing.."

"Something is wrong. I might be drunk a little bit but I still can tell if you are not telling me the truth," I say. His brows furrow. "You're not just a little bit drunk, you're a lot of drunk," he says with what looks like an uncertain smirk.

"So? I won't remember half the things we say in the morning. Tell me," I say, grabbing onto his shoulders. He sighs and I smell the vodka on his breath. "Your mom.. I didn't know about all of that until now. Why didn't you tell me before?"

"It's not something I tell a lot of people. Would you?" I ask. He shakes his head. "No, but it just troubles me. I've never bothered to ask you where your parents were, and now.. I wished I would have asked."

"Nah, it's fine. I think Dad saw West before he went MIA, but he won't tell me." I say with a slight frown. He tenses up. "He won't tell you? Well why the hell not? You deserve to know."

"Something about being fragile. I guess dad only sees me as his baby still," I mutter and take another sip. He takes the bottle away from me and frowns. "Yeah, I guess so.. But still. He needs to understand that you're a woman now. You've obviously been doing well without him. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true."

"What do you think I told him?" He shrugs and looks down at the floor, not giving me an answer. "Kalub.. You should lay down. You'll have a hangover later, and like I said, you'll feel like crap."

"Then lay with me!" I shout while pouting. He looks a bit stunned for a moment. "Uh.. Okay. Are you sure?"

"No I asked for no reason, " I say, rolling my eyes. I start heading up the stairs, and I slip on one. I quickly get up and rush to the room while taking my pants off and climbing in the bed. He chuckles quietly as he enters the room and toes off his shoes, followed by his pants which were carelessly tossed aside. He slips into the bed with me and immediately wraps his arms around me. "Try to sleep some. I'll probably get up later."

"Nooo!" I whine wrapping my arms around him. He stares down at me and kisses my nose. "Alright, fine. I won't leave."

"You promise?" I ask with a stern look. A smile breaks out on his face. "I promise, miss Kalub. You have my word."

" Okay," I whisper as I snuggle into his chest. His arms tighten around me, and I can tell that his smile is fading, but I don't have time to think about it before I fall asleep.