Chapter Four

I skipped breakfast, not really having much of an appetite. So I'm standing here waiting for Christopher and Donny. They are taking their dear sweet time, too. I wait a few more minutes when I get really irritated by the slowness of the two boys.

I pick up the spoon from Donny's oatmeal and grab his hair." Open," I growl and he opens his mouth. I shove the spoon in.

"I think he can feed himself," Harriet says.

"You two are so slow," I say and drop the spoon.

"Someone must have had a bad night sleep," Harriet mumbles and walks to me. "Nightmares?"

"You know it was," I whisper. She nods and kisses my cheek.

"Watch her today," she says and walks away.

"You are the most brutal girl I have ever met," Christopher grumbles while picking at his food.

"Want me to feed you, too?" I ask and he quickly eats.

"No thanks," He mutters as he scarfs down his food.

"I would be happy to help," I say, moving over to him with a smile.

"No, I'm good," he says. I dip my hand in his food and rub it down his left cheek.

"I would love to help you," I whisper. He wipes some of the food off his face and then smiles.

"I think you should eat, too, Kalub." He says and rubs some across my jaw. He gets some more and smears it across my lips. "Eat up," he whispers.

I grab the bottom of his shirt and clean my face off. "Thanks," I say and he only smiles.

"Just wait and see," He answers and gets up. He walks off and I look at Donny.

"I'm eating! Don't force me, please!" he begs, shoving spoonful after spoonful in his mouth. "Done!" he shouts, running out of the room with his bowl. I shake my head while making my way to the kitchen. I wash my face off quickly. Donny and I make our way to the door and wait for Christopher.

He comes back in a clean shirt. We go to the Hummer and, like last time, Christopher is up front with me. "So where are we going?" I ask Mick.

"We desperately need more weapons. We don't have a gun store but we have the McConaughey house," he says quietly.

"McConaughey house? Mick are you sure that's the only place? A lot of guys loved to hunt, so yeah," I try.

"They have AK-47s and stuff like that. Good weapons. Good guns. We are low on ammo, too," he says. I slam the Hummer in drive not bothering to answer back. I don't want to go there.

I've actually avoided going there. I rub the engravings on the dog tags. West McConaughey is engraved on it. I have the feeling memorized by now. West. X. McConaughey. I turn on the long dirt driveway.

"You had to have visited this place a lot to know where to turn," Donny points out.

"West's last name was McConaughey," I hiss. I park in front of the three story house. He wasn't spoiled but he wasn't needy either. He was a rich kid with a poor man's heart. I jump out and grab my gun. I pop open the back hatch and give Donny a metal baseball bat. It has dried blood on it.

I open the glove compartment and get my key to their house. "It was basically my second home. I know every single code to every single vault," I say, striding to the door. The house isn't too far away from the hideout. I unlock the front door and open it. I walk up the stairs to the Master bedroom. They are following me the whole time.

I rip the painting off the wall and twist the knob to the vault. It pops open with a small groan. Inside is a lot of money and a shotgun. There is a bunch of ammo, too. I throw the gun and ammo in the bag Christopher brought. After a few hours we have been in every single room except one.