Chapter 4

Zayn’s P.O.V

MONDAY

I stood outside of Tong High School and breathed in the fresh morning air. High school. I was both excited and a bit worried. Who knows what would happen? Parties, careers, relationships. Kylie bounced over towards me and wrapped her arm around my neck.

“Ready for high school Zaynie?” she said. She wore a big grin on her face and I saw her warm brown eyes twinkle with excitement.

“Yes. I just can’t wait to be initiated by those mindless senior jocks” I replied sarcastically

“Aww come on. A handsome guy like you. You’ll do just fine” she said. “Come one. Let’s go in” We walked into the building and the followed to the flow of the freshman student to the office.

“Name?” asked the lady behind the counter.

“Zayn Malik” She handed me my class schedule and proceeded to do the same for Kylie.

“Thanks!” she said. She took my hand and dragged me out of the office. When we got outside, she took my schedule.

“Hey! That’s mine” I said.

“Look! We have all out classes together!” she said exclaimed. She showed me the two schedules and she was right, we do have every class together!

“Oh wait” said Kylie, pouting her lips. “I have technology while you have art class. You should’ve taken technology with me!”

I smiled at her pouty face. When she was 5 years old, that was cute. Now, not so much. “No thanks. Computers are not my forte”

“I just don’t wanna be alone in a class” she said, still pouting her lips.

“You’ll live” I said ruffling her hair. “Come on, let’s get to class”

High school was exactly as I imagined it; absolutely boring. Since it was the first day, we didn’t do much all day which was fine by me. I don’t like doing school work. But at least I had Kylie with me. We got some glances from the other guys in the class. Well, Kylie did. Are they checking her out? Gross. Kylie just kept talking to me, completely oblivious to all the stares she was drawing from people.

After 2 long hours of sitting in class doing nothing, art class finally came. I like art, but it’s the only class I have without Kylie. I walked in and sat down in an open seat near the door. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around, finding myself face to face with someone who looked vaguely familiar.

Jesse MacLean. The cool kid from elementary school.  He showed up in grade 6 and caught the attention of basically everyone because he was funny and pretty good looking. That also made him quite popular with the ladies.

“Looks like I’m not the only one flying solo on my first day of high school” he said with a smirk. “I didn’t expect Zayn Malik to be alone”

“I’m not alone. I’m here with my friend Kylie” I responded.

“Oh yeah, Kylie Carter. I remember her. Nice girl.” He said.

“Yeah. She’s my best friend and this is the only class I have without her” I replied. Jesse suddenly got up and moved to the empty seat on my right.

“Don’t worry you pretty little head Zayn. I’ll be your Kylie for art classes from now on” he said and smiled childishly at me. I smirked. What an odd guy.

*After school*

I met Kylie at the entrance of the school. Or should I say we did. Jesse has been following me around since art class. Might as well introduce him to Kylie.

“Hey Zayn” said Kylie as she waved at me. She eyed Jesse. “Who’s this?”

“Aw, she doesn’t remember me” said Jesse making a frowny face.

I rolled my eyes. “This is Jesse MacLean from elementary school”

“Oh. Nice to meet you” she said smiling. She held out her hand and Jesse shook it.

“Right back atcha” he said grinning.

Kylie turned back to me. “I got to go now. I’ll see you tonight at my house. You’re coming over for dinner right?” I nodded. “Alright, then I’ll see you later. BYE!”

She ran off onto the sidewalk and disappeared behind the fence.

“Wow, she’s cute” said Jesse smirking. “I gotta go too. I’ll see you tomorrow” He ran into the school bus and took a seat, waving at me through the window.

I didn’t like how Jess called her cute. I hope he doesn’t fancy her. He has a past of being a player, and Kylie deserves much better than him.