Moving Up

Chapter Eight: Moving up

It was a little before noon, Alana sat on the concrete flooring of the dungeon like basement; she could not seem wrap her mind around all the wild occurrences that have been taking place in her life as of recently, like being kidnapped by her ex-serial killer escaped convict patient and his family of psychopaths. Though Mason treated her like she was the queen of England, she still was kept like a dog, chained to that damned hot water heater.

“All round the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel !”

Jessica danced around and around as Charlie came following in behind his niece to see about his brother beloved prisoner. “Hi Mommy!” Alana was too tired to even argue the notion of not being the little girl’s mother, so she just gave her a little smile.

“I got good news for you,’ Charlie smirked as he took a set of keys out of his jean pocket. “You’re moving upstairs.” He undid the cuffed chained on her ankle and helped Alana stand to her feet, she was so weak. “Thank God.” She whined as her body went stumbling back to the wall, but Charlie quickly caught her.

“Yay, Mommy! You can stay in my room!” Jessika giggled as she ran off to the stairs. Charlie supported Alana, having her lean most of her weight on to him and helped her get up the stairs. She cringed at the brightness of the lights of the small house, all the lights were on plus the blinds being ajar so the sun’s light shined in. “Mason and Lotto went to get some supplies and food, but you can go take a bath and get changed.” She had been wearing the same clothes for a few days, Mason had nothing for her to wear—But he felt badly for her treatment thus far—He would never treat his wife in such a manner.

Alana nodded her head and held on to the wall for balance as she discovered her way through the cottage, country home. It was very woodsy and homey… She wondered how Mason got his hands on it. She just prayed that whoever this place belonged to, wherever they were, that they were not hurt by anyone. She found the master bedroom, she knew it was the room that was supposed to be hers and Mason’s because there were pictures of her and Jessika all over the room.

“My God.”

She held her mouth as she stumbled into the room, she picked up a picture of herself as a child, wearing a pink princess dress for her 10th birthday party. “Where did he get this?” She asked herself.

“I found it.” Mason answered her, scaring her. She dropped the picture and stumbled back. “No need to be afraid, baby.” He gave her a smile, Alana just stared at him as she trembled in fear. He reached out and tried to touch her hand and jumped back from him, stumbling on to the bed. “Alana…” He sighed while pulling her up. “Baby, you are making this all too difficult.”

“Mason… Please listen to me… You have got to turn yourself in,” He rolled his eyes. “They will find you and they will kill you!” Alana tried to reason with him, but he just shrugged his shoulders and looked back at her. “Man, fuck them—You need me to run you a bath, baby?” He just walked off like he did not have a care in the world, and that scared Alana. “Baby you hear me?”

“N-n-no… I’ll get it.” She stammered as she rubbed her temples, he came out the bathroom and smiled over at her. “Headache? I’ll have Luciana bring you an aspirin.” He leaned in and kissed her face before he turned and walked out. Tears began to fall from her eyes as she slowly stood up from the bed and held herself as she walked into the bathroom.

Not wanting to admit it, but after the bath… Alana felt a lot more at ease, but she was still remained panicked of her current situation. She had a towel wrapped tightly around her wet torso; she cautiously walked into the bedroom making sure it was empty. But she gasped when she seen a pretty Latino girl comes walking out of the closet.

“Aye, girl—Mason told me to come and find you something comfy to wear.” She said in a thick accent with a smile while she laid out a red plaid shirt and some cuffed blue jeans. “Sorry about thecloths, I’m going shopping for you some new gear tomorrow.”

Alana racked her fingers through her hair as she shook her head. “That’s not necessary, these cloths are fine.” Luciana giggled as she shook her head, ‘if you say so, chica.” She continued to giggle as she walks off. “By the way, I’m Luciana—Lotto’s girl.” She reached her hand out for Alana to shake it, smiling small; Alana accepted her hand into Luciana’s. “I’m Alana, but I guess you already know that.” Luciana smiled and nodded her head. “Of course, Mason hasn’t stopped running his damn mouth about your ass.”

“I bet.” Alana sighed as she begin to get dress, ‘Oh and your aspirin is on the dresser there.” She pointed as she continued out of the room. “Come in the kitchen and get something to eat when you get done.” Alana watched her leave then looked back to the bed at the cloths laid out for her. She quickly got dressed then she placed her curly tresses into a low ponytail. After taking a painkiller, she cautiously made her way to the kitchen… Jessika sat happily on her Uncle Charlie’s lap, while Mason and Lotto loud talked about someone they had just murdered. Alana stood there in horror listening to them brag about the heinous act they had just committed.

“My God.” She whimpered, causing Luciana to look over at her. “Oh hey, Alana!” She popped Lotto on his shoulder so they could hush their boasting. “We’ve got some KFC… And some McDonalds…”

“I’m not hungry, no thank you.”

She backed up from them as Mason got up from the table. “Nah, you losing weight and shit.” He snatched Alana by her arm, basically dragging her over to the kitchen table. “Sit down and eat a little something, baby.” Mason cooed in her ear, ‘please for me.” She slowly nodded her head as she shudder in fear, Charlie and Lotto looked at each other then laughed at Alana’s dismay. Luciana turned and made Alana plate and cup of ice tea, slipping a little bit of Mason’s ‘love potion’ into it before serving her.

Luciana was a Colombian drug smuggler and Lotto talked her into getting her hands on some very powerful scopolamine, aka the mind control drug. All that day, Alana was given it in small doses—not enough to make her sick, but just enough to make her more and more comfortable around Mason to the point she would be his.

It was late in the evening, and Alana was feeling dizzy, and nauseous—Just plain sick. Just many of the side effects of the drug overtaking her, but no one could admit that to her. “Daddy, mommy is throwing up again!” Jessika ran into the backyard and yelled to father, whom was busy digging a deep hole, Mason looked over at her and nodded his head.

“Tell Luciana to watch over her, I’ll be in a second.” Jessika skipped back into the house and did what she was told. “How I know your bitch ain’t overdosing her?” Mason asked clenching his jaw. “Look, man—I’m pretty sure Lucy don’t wanna get maimed by you.” Lotto joked as he dragged Mason’s dead mother and father in laws body over to the homemade burial plot. Mason took over their house after he brutally butchered the both of them, just a few days before.

“What the fuck ever, I found out she’s not portioning out that shit right—She’s next on my goddamn list.” Lotto chuckled as Mason stormed back into the house to see about Alana. “Baby?!” He walked into the room to see Alana sprawled out on the floor, face first in a trash pale, dry heaving. “Damn, baby.” She looked pale and her skin was clammy. “Fuck is wrong with her, bitch?” He growled at Luciana.

“Calm down, it’s a little ‘setback’.” Mason felt himself began to grow irate, but managed to control himself while Alana was around. “I just need some rest…” Alana whimpered as she tried to pull herself up off of the floor; Mason quickly made his way over to her, he scooped her into his arms and laid her out on the bed. “Charlie, bring some ginger ale!” Luciana shouted, making Alana cringe.

“Oh my head—“ She whined throwing the pillow over her head.

“Stop yelling bitch!” Mason snarled causing Luciana to throw up her hands and walk out. “Fucking dumb whore!” He muttered as he rubbed Alana’s face, ‘Baby…” He quickly switched from being angry to being loving. “You need me to get you anything?” She shook her head and just cradled the pillow in her arms, he sat on the edge of the bed and caressed her face until Charlie came into the room with a glass of warm ginger ale.

“Lotto needs you when you get a chance man.” Mason nodded his head as he watched his beloved Alana closely as she drunk her drink—All he could think was her illness was just a small cost to get her where he needed her to be.